Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to nightblade

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
So I had a few questions going in as a solo pve player. Right now I'm level 9, I'm going in with ambush, heavy attack, then killers blade once at 25% health and using strife to heal.

I'm dual wielding and was curious if any of the dual wield abilities would either be better then or worth using compared to killers blade?

Also as a low level I'm having no issues staying alive but for later levels was curious how do I heal the best going with a stamina build?

For a solo nightblade who dual wields what are the main five skills you think I should aim for?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steel tornado is probably the most used dw skill. You won't need it in the beginning, but later when you often fight multiple enemies at once, it's very helpful.
    If you don't use bow as second weapon (you'll be able to equip a second weapon when you reach level 15) flying blade is a good option to have a long range skill.
    The other dw skills also can be good in some situations, so you should definitely test them while leveling, but I personally don't use them that often.

The most common ways to heal on a stamina build are rally (2-handed skill) and vigor (requires pvp to earn it).
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking PvE..

Steel Tornado, Power Extraction, Vigor, Ambush, are some important ones in my opinion
    N64 NA EP
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend looking at the shadow skill tree for the Nightblade. Dark cloak (morph of Shadow Cloak) is great in PVE to remove agro from mobs & very helpful in PVP to get clear of combat to heal up. Surprise Attack (morph of Veiled Strike) is a good Nightblade DPS skill. Mass Hysteria (morph of Aspect of Terror) is an excellent CC skill.

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a NB you need all you skill lines to survive,

Each of them has skills that you will need at some point,
    Level all skills in all lines,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    Dark cloak (morph of Shadow Cloak) is great in PVE to remove agro from mobs

Nope, doesn't remove aggro. Normal mobs stop hitting you until you reappear. Cloak is actually not very useful in Pve.
    seipher09 wrote: »

Also as a low level I'm having no issues staying alive but for later levels was curious how do I heal the best going with a stamina build?

For a solo nightblade who dual wields what are the main five skills you think I should aim for?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

While leveling, you can rely on a 2h as second weapon and use Rally to heal. If you dont like 2h, resort to the "true way" of Nightblade Stamina heals -> Reaper's Mark and Killer's Blade.

To level up, I suggest using something like this for DW/2h:

DW: Killer's Blade, Surprise Attack, Steel Tornado, Mass Hysteria, Evil Hunter, Soul Harvest
    2H: Double Take, Rally, Relentless Focus, Siphoning Attacks, Reaper's Mark, Soul Tether

Or with dw/bow:

DW: Killer's Blade, Surprise Attack, Steel Tornado, Sap Essence, Evil Hunter, Soul Harvest
    Bow: Double Take, Venom Arrow, Relentless Focus, Bombard, Reaper's Mark, Soul Tether

Eventually, replace Soul Harvest with Flawless Dawnbreaker and Soul Tether with Ice Comet.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • DocHolliday521
    DocHolliday521
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so I'm a nightblade vet 1, my weapon critical is at 49.6 percent and my weapon damage is 1864 or close, I have 7 piece hunding rage armor and am using twin daggers, duel wield and 2/handed my question is how can I improve my wc and wd and should I mix armor and if so what would be my best match? 4/3 or 5/2 ? I also want to improve my stamina and health I'm stamina based.
  • DocHolliday521
    DocHolliday521
    Soul Shriven
    Oh and I'm a Breton nightblade not magica based
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect to shine in PvE. NB outshine PvP only.
    Use 2h (WB+Rally) for PvE. For PvP, use DW extra DMG you will get.
    This is the recommended build in PvP.
    DW on both bars
    1st bar: cloak,ambush,surprise attack,double take and vigor.Ultimate: flawless dawmbreaker
    2nd bar: steel turnado, quick cloak, flying dagger, blood craze and proximity detonation. Ultimate: Flawless dawnbreaker.
    Edited by Van_0S on December 1, 2015 3:29PM
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so I'm a nightblade vet 1, my weapon critical is at 49.6 percent and my weapon damage is 1864 or close, I have 7 piece hunding rage armor and am using twin daggers, duel wield and 2/handed my question is how can I improve my wc and wd and should I mix armor and if so what would be my best match? 4/3 or 5/2 ? I also want to improve my stamina and health I'm stamina based.

Running 7piece of a armor set doesn't make sense. 5 pieces are the most benefit you get. Take 5 hundings, 4 night mothers gaze for example.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    As a NB you need all you skill lines to survive,

Each of them has skills that you will need at some point,
    Level all skills in all lines,

I agree that there are useful skills on all of your NB Class Lines!
    Find a load in that you enjoy and is effective, your instinct to switch it up and play with new skills is spot on.

Your healing skills and tactics determine how big a crowd you can handle, but Nightblades are meant to be sneaky!

& once you hit Lvl 15 you will have a second bar to play with & weapon swap, so its a great way to experiment with different fighting strategies.

my NB has DW on her primary skill bar, and I could never decide if I liked Bow or 2H better for the second bar...
    so I decided not to decide!
    I change that second load in depending on my mood.
    :smile:

& the armor sets do make a difference, my Templar is more of a bad ass since she started wearing 4 & 4.
    Edited by Pheefs on December 1, 2015 8:11PM
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • DocHolliday521
    DocHolliday521
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, I switched to 5 hunding rage and 2 night silence, and julianos daggers, I am doing way better, am not in pvp yet, worried I will not do so well, but I guess I just have to jump in, but everything is so fast and the one time I went into pvp I got my arse handed to me several times, and the group that I was in had no clue what to do by what I observed. I want to do good in pvp, but I need to get my wc and wd up. it is now WC 69.3 and WD 1250 at Vet 3 is that good? are there buffs for jewelery weapons I can use?