Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Runestones / Enchanting suggestion

Phatmattfu
Phatmattfu
✭✭✭
Hey all, first time poster. Just wanted to share a quick suggestion for runestones.
Now this idea is borrowed from another game and I apologize if it's been brought up before.
I assume it's not kosher to talk about other games but if you're familiar with a certain horadric cube you'll know where I'm going with this.

The idea is to be able to combine certain amounts of potency stones to create a stone of the next tier.
Let's say 5-10 for discussion sake.

eg. Combine 5 Jora to create a Jera. etc.

This could be used for aspect runes as well.

eg. Combine 10 Rekuta to create a Kuta

As for essence runes it would get a little more tricky. I was thinking maybe incorporating trait gems and / or racial stones you could come up with different combinations for specific essence runes.

I feel this idea would make runestone nodes anywhere in the world useful to progressing your character, and provide some options to the aspiring enchanter.

Thanks for your time, let me know what you think.

-Phatmattfu
PS4
DC
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Not bad idea... for new craft :wink:

Skills to:
    1. Combinate runes
    2. Changing trait ability
    3. Destilate water (something like You write about runes)
    4. Change trait stones (10x/5x Sharpened = 1x Something, 10x/5x Something = 1x Something Else)

Not bad idea.
    But easy to overpower it.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for reply :)

2. Changing traits would be great, but I can't see them adding without a very high material cost haha

I think enchanting has room to grow in the craft menus. A system that used some of the common stones we pick up all the time such as racial,trait gems would be good along with the runes I suggested above.

Adding a little spice and removing some of all those stones piling up would't be a bad thing ;)