Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

help me increase my dps (sorc)

Grisemn
Grisemn
✭✭
Hey everyone! i just wanted to ask for some help with my dps, so far i manage around 9-10k dps with weaving (kinda new to animation cancling) and 13k with overload, all this was tested on the first boss in wayrest sewers non-vet vr16, no buffs but power surge, mag/health food, inner light and bound agis, and without tank (was none that had time to help me right then) so i kited it.

I cant remember my exact stats, but my staff bar is around 2700 buffed and my dw bar 3200 buffed, i only have 28k mag and no increased dmg racial passives.

My gear so far is 5 julianos, willpower jewelry with spell dmg enchants and rest torug.

i fell like my dps is very low, atleast with overload, is there anything else you could suggest to help me increase my dps?( will probaly add pics when i get home)
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your spell dmg seems ok, could be higher if you swap 2x Molag Kena (or Nerienths) for Torugs pact.

Your max magicka seems really low, how much health do you have? In pve Im running with 43k max magicak, 17k health and 25k hardened ward for oh-sh*t moments. You should be around 10% less without magicka racial passives which should bring you around 38k. If you spec more into health to get 20k health you should still have roughly 35k max magicka.

Getting high dps with weaving isnt that hard, just make sure you apply Liquid Lightning every 10s and weave Force Pulse/Crushing Shock in between. There are some good videos on YT which explain animation cancelling perfectly.

Its also important to take the Thief mundus for 11% spell crit and put as many points as possible into Elemental Expert.

With 3.2k spell dmg and 100CP into Elemental Expert you should get around 18-20 dps with Energy Overload.

If you kite a boss your dps will be lower than if you have a dedicated tank so in normal situation your dps will probably be higher.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭
    Your spell dmg seems ok, could be higher if you swap 2x Molag Kena (or Nerienths) for Torugs pact.

Your max magicka seems really low, how much health do you have? In pve Im running with 43k max magicak, 17k health and 25k hardened ward for oh-sh*t moments. You should be around 10% less without magicka racial passives which should bring you around 38k. If you spec more into health to get 20k health you should still have roughly 35k max magicka.

Getting high dps with weaving isnt that hard, just make sure you apply Liquid Lightning every 10s and weave Force Pulse/Crushing Shock in between. There are some good videos on YT which explain animation cancelling perfectly.

Its also important to take the Thief mundus for 11% spell crit and put as many points as possible into Elemental Expert.

With 3.2k spell dmg and 100CP into Elemental Expert you should get around 18-20 dps with Energy Overload.

If you kite a boss your dps will be lower than if you have a dedicated tank so in normal situation your dps will probably be higher.

i have been practicing weaving a little more, i also forgot to say i have the thief mundus, i dont have that many cps either, but i realised that i just got a new armor, so i dont have any enchants on it yet, have no idea how much i will get from armor though.

Edit: i have all my points into magica, but i am nord, so i think i have around 25k health in pvp atleast.
    Edited by Grisemn on February 1, 2016 12:39PM
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grisemn wrote: »

i have been practicing weaving a little more, i also forgot to say i have the thief mundus, i dont have that many cps either, but i realised that i just got a new armor, so i dont have any enchants on it yet, have no idea how much i will get from armor though.

Edit: i have all my points into magica, but i am nord, so i think i have around 25k health in pvp atleast.

There's a reason to wait for the race change..
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »

There's a reason to wait for the race change..

tbh, i rather keep leveling my altmer sorc aswell, as the nord is my main and i use him alot in RP, and i am not sure if there is any good way to explain why he suddely became an altmer xD
    but i think they where going to remove vet with dark brotherhood, so it wont be that much of a problem :)
    Edited by Grisemn on February 1, 2016 12:55PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Enchants on armor can make quite a big difference, between 4-5k if I had to guess.

Being a Nord is a disadvantage but I wouldnt reroll if I were you, there are race changes inc.

For single target dps usually only apply Power Surge, Liquid Lightning and weave Crushing Shock (Force Pulse is better for pve) with medium staff attacks. Personally I use a quick side step to animation cancel my attacks.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer