The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How come ESO Plus costs more on PS4?

TricksyPixel
TricksyPixel
Soul Shriven
I'm just curious what the deal is with the ESO Plus subscription on the PSN. On PSN it costs AU$19.45 to subscribe (I'm assuming monthly, though it doesn't specifically state how long it is anywhere on the page, as far as I can see), yet on PC I can subscribe for AU$15.00 for 30 days.

Are there extra perks on PS4 that make that AU$4.45 worth it, that the PC version doesn't get?
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 version lasts 31 days.

With the way PvP lags and DCs, ESO Plus should be $5.
    Edited by KYNG on January 25, 2016 7:43AM
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • TricksyPixel
    TricksyPixel
    Soul Shriven
    lol... Well, to be honest, I haven't come across any lag or DC's when I've been playing.

So still... Nearly 5 bucks more than PC version.... Just 'cause?

I don't know, I personally feel 15 bucks is justified, especially since I can cancel it the following month if I wish.

But I don't know, I feel a little miffed that something on the PC version is 15, yet for some reason on the PSN, same game, yet 5 bucks more? Doesn't seem right.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    You are lucky, because if you look on this forum A LOT of people experience it constantly.

Wish I didnt lag to the point of DC, its the main reason I dont buy DLC or crowns.
    I'd love to get ESO plus, reduction in crafting timers and free crowns, exp boost and dlc access. Sounds like a good deal.

But then I play the base game and realize I'm throwing money at a beta ... No thanks.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other cost advantage is PC can buy more than one month and get to pay even less per month. No equivalent for console.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the constant lag issues - among many other bugs... I'm not fully sure that ESO+ fee is justified at all. I think we are all due a free month with the amount of down time and unplayablility we've experienced.
  • Dreddlock-
    Dreddlock-
    ✭✭
    PS4 USD $14.99.

• TricksyPixel
    TricksyPixel
    Soul Shriven
    Yet $19.45 Australian dollars on the Aussie PSN store for PS4, but $15.00 Australian dollars on PC.

I'll just assume it's Sony Australia's choice then.