Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #1"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #1. We'll be giving you a first look of Thieves Guild live on the show with some of our lead developers. Be sure and join us tomorrow at 4:00pm EST!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw, no vet Arx Corinium? :(

Ever since the buy to play model was introduced it seems like the plan to add vet versions of all base game dungeons was scrapped
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get to see Mr. Wrobel this time or no ETA?
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno give us
    4SZ3E56.gif

In next update supposed to be a lot of class rebalancing, but man of the hour haven't been on ESO live for ages!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that @Wrobel will not be on and that we will be missing out again on class balance news. Was hoping that with the PTS notes coming next week, we could get some kind of discussion on ESO Live as a precursor to this.

Also, what about the new Cyrodil vendor? Will there be anything about this?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Wrobel will be on a future show (potentially the next one). For now, we want to show some of the new content in the DLC game pack. We want to give you guys a chance to read all the patch notes, play around with some of the balance changes, and formulate any questions you may have.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Wrobel will be on a future show (potentially the next one). For now, we want to show some of the new content in the DLC game pack. We want to give you guys a chance to read all the patch notes, play around with some of the balance changes, and formulate any questions you may have.

Sounds good. Thank you Gina
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this one is not gonna have "no ETA" in it...
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty solid point.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »

Ever since the buy to play model was introduced it seems like the plan to add vet versions of all base game dungeons was scrapped

I agree with this. There are icons for Undaunted sets from Arx Corinium, Blackheart Haven and every other dungeon in the game so why don't we have Veteran versions of these yet? The Monster Set system is great but really lacks variety as there are only a few good ones.

A nice rebalance and a token system to get the shoulders you want along with Veteran versions of the old dungeons would be most welcome.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you're talking about the shiny stuff in the Thieve guild DLC.... So any chance at all you'll talk about the base game patch which mostly every one really wants and the supposed balancing that it is bringing or is their not EAT on it or is it on the back burner for now?
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope I can catch the stream! Thieves guild seems like yet another good new flavour to the game. after Wrothgar.

I'm waiting for new game play mechanics (thievy ones, I guess), info about the assistant, lurks to the area, even new emotes. And reason to go to old areas is superb.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Pretty solid point.

Very solid point.

But still...inb4 impatient crybabies still cry.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    So you're talking about the shiny stuff in the Thieve guild DLC.... So any chance at all you'll talk about the base game patch which mostly every one really wants and the supposed balancing that it is bringing or is their not EAT on it or is it on the back burner for now?

We will, just not for today's show. We'll get into items from the base game patch starting in 2 weeks, and cover those in-depth until Thieves Guild launches.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

We will, just not for today's show. We'll get into items from the base game patch starting in 2 weeks, and cover those in-depth until Thieves Guild launches.

Why not? I know that you are going to change a lot. That's why i even can't craft items for my first vr16 character, this is too expensive to change my stuff in one month because of rebalance.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Paid content first, please.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What wait. We get natch potes early? Or you mean the PTS natch potes next week. I want natch potes.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    What wait. We get natch potes early? Or you mean the PTS natch potes next week. I want natch potes.

PTS natch potes will be published next week. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few trial related questions @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno :

1. Will the trial leaderboards remain character based in the TG DLC? Is there any plans to go to a team based ranking or an account based ranking?

Participation is expected to increase significantly and the current leaderboard system fills the first 50-75 spots quickly with only a few regular teams and their Alts.

2. Will v16 MOL gear have a chance to drop in the weekly rewards from AA, HRC and SO?

3. Are vDSA weekly rewards being scaled to v16 as well?

4. Will the weekly rewards from AA, HRC and SO include scaled v16 versions of older sets? for example Silks of the Sun or Warlock's.

5. What is the lowest level the new trial will scale to? v1 or lower?

6. What the 3 new craftable sets? how many traits? Where do we get style material?

7. What are the new "PVE group based" bonus sets?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »

I agree with this. There are icons for Undaunted sets from Arx Corinium, Blackheart Haven and every other dungeon in the game so why don't we have Veteran versions of these yet? The Monster Set system is great but really lacks variety as there are only a few good ones.

A nice rebalance and a token system to get the shoulders you want along with Veteran versions of the old dungeons would be most welcome.

I agree with you both... but reading between the lines here, the more recent dungeons that have been released haven't followed the traditional model where the vet dungeon was totally different... new mechanics, new bosses, story continuation etc.

The vet versions just became an identical copy with mobs & bosses that had higher dps/more hp.

I don't see much point in doing vet versions of Arx etc if they are just going to be the original version on steroids. They need to re-make them in the same vein as CoA etc.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Australia and may not get the chance to watch ESO live.

- Crafter question..
    Just wondering whether the new Hammerfell? map will be as unforgiving when it comes to top tier material nodes as a max crafter is lucky to find 1 rubedo/rubedite etc out of 10 nodes on Wrothgar.

Is this the new standard for all dlcs from here on out or will we be able to farm only materials our crafting level and none below? I'd hope that requiring ten times the amount of mats per item was enough of a grind to accentuate the difficulty in acquiring top tier armour and weapons.
    Edited by mistermutiny89 on January 29, 2016 2:50PM
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think class rebalance is at least as much awaited as new DLC and Eric Wrobel should have been on ESO live to tell his vision how he want classes to work in this update. Actually, he should have been on previous show, Brian Wheeler didn't have anything super important to add since last show, seems he acted more like real stand up guy.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to help build/set diversity by adding more significant set bonuses and/or more achievable jewelry with 5 set piece bonuses?

Thanks
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they bring Wrobel now?

The community already proved it's maturity level with the last show. Now expect no details at all unless there is a real ETA for it.
    Edited by Didgerion on January 29, 2016 8:14PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Why would they bring Wrobel now?

The community already proved it's maturity level with the last show. Now expect no details at all unless there is a real ETA for it.

Thanks @ZOS_KaiSchober for working to keep the spam under control this time.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone happen to notice the Wayshrine along the Gold Coast (Anvil, maybe?)
  • Nirvava4EM
    Nirvava4EM
    ✭✭
    I haven't been able to watch it yet. Any information on the assistances?
    XB1 - NA GT: HematoCRITICAL

Ebonheart Pact:
    Vet 16 Argonian Sorcerer DPS (Please for the love of Skyrim let me change my race!)
    Vet 16 Breton Templar Healer / Supplemental DPS
    Vet 5 Khajiit Nightblade

Daggerfall Covenant:
    Vet 5 High Elf Sorcerer DPS / Emergency Healer

Can literally craft anything and everything that is craftable, limited styles.