The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who buys from Provisioners?

Jhalin
Jhalin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'm rank50 and fully statted out in Provisioning. Was it worth it? I mean I find it incredibly useful to be able to make such high level food for myself, but I have a hard time finding buyers. Does anyone actually buy from provisioners? And if so, about how much per item do you pay?

Or is it easier to clean out dungeons and run with whatever food that gets you?
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Provisioning is so easy to level that everyone crafts their own items for the most part. The best way to make money with provisioning is to not make anything with the mats you have, but rather sell them in a Guild Store. Since everyone makes their own food and drink, the mats sell very well.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    And recipes are pretty easy to come by too and often cost less than a stack of the same type of food in guild stores.
    I did buy some Ginger Wheat Beer today. Needed it for a writ and haven't been able to find the recipe in guild stores across 6 zones.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    I'm rank50 and fully statted out in Provisioning. Was it worth it?

Absolutely worth it to have leveled provisioning.

Crafted is so much better. Make a similar level item to what you find in the world and you will see a big difference in effect. Also, you can make things that give you two or three effects and you can't get that from world drops or mob drops. Then look at the passive that increases the duration of the food or drink. That is a must on any build, unless you never eat.

In the case of provisioning, it is the convenience and money you save that it the reason for leveling it. Same with Alchemy, although there is a market for tri pots and some others.

Where you make the money is selling ingredients. There is a nice steady market for that and you can make some nice coin for it. Especially if you have hirelings and do writs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never sold mine, it was my first crafting skill to hit 50. I hook up friends and guild mates. But most people have a guy with provisioning at 50.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my 8 characters are at level 50 for provisioning.

I think it's safe to say i won't be buying any food or drinks any time soon and i suspect the majority of players probably has at least one level 50 provisioning character.
    smile.gif
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Usually only the higher end provisioning sells and some fishy sticks. Such as the blue and yellow Orzaga's recipes. On 5 traders I usually sell about 50-100 (in stacks of 10) in one week for usually 4kg or so for 10 pieces of the Tripple Trifle (uses columbine). Then theres the Ambrosia... cant keep up with how that sells... Lots of fishing...
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    It pays good but you have to put in the legwork and gather things yourself or all the profit is gone...
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    I'm rank50 and fully statted out in Provisioning. Was it worth it? I mean I find it incredibly useful to be able to make such high level food for myself, but I have a hard time finding buyers. Does anyone actually buy from provisioners? And if so, about how much per item do you pay?

Sell in guild stores.I did this and make good money.This and selling stacks of mats.
    Edited by Volkodav on January 27, 2016 12:55PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you make VR10+ green food/drink and have your provisioning maxed out you can make 100 food/drinks for 50 ingredients (25 of 2 types) and sell them for 5 gold a piece to an NPC (no waiting for your gold). This essentially turns each ingredient into 10 gold. So unless you're selling ingredients for more than 2000 gold a stack you should be doing this way as well. I do this when I get more than 1 stack of several ingredients in my bank to get rid of the excess. I did this last night and made 10k for cleaning out my bank and takes about 5 minutes. Not exactly a game changer, but it's easy income.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Devve777
    Devve777
    ✭✭
    idk how it is on the other platforms but i sell my v15 stuff very well.
    anything lower than v10 is usually a hard sell though.

the wrothgar blues(5k hp + regen) & tri-MAXstats sell the best.

in my experience, dont ever waist your mats on legendary foods, even if you sell it, the mats required would have been more profitable on purps and blues.
    also, dont waist your purp mats on regen foods. only make tri-MAXstats. noone, for the most part, cares about hp regen so its a hard sell.