The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-On for Highlighting Lootable Containers?

Ilsabet
Ilsabet
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've finally talked my boyfriend into playing ESO with me, but one of his hangups is not being sure what's lootable and what's just decoration. Is there any kind of add-on that highlights lootable containers in some way so he doesn't have to run around cursoring over everything?

(It's okay if there isn't, but he's been asking so I'm in due-diligence mode. :P)
Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
Ilsabet's Headcanon
The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
PC NA
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    not doable
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    not doable
    agree.gif
    As far as i know, AddOns can not change in-game behavior, they're limited to the UI layer.

I have not seen any API functions that would allow you to enumerate containers in your immediate surroundings. Which you would need to generate some sort of UI overlay.
    popcorn.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on January 31, 2016 7:57PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, that's all I needed to know. I'll just tell him he'll have to develop his eye the old-fashioned way. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA