The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Poor man's medium armor?

Angus
Angus
✭✭✭
Any theorycrafters out there?

Here's a hypothetical situation:

Suppose you're a stamina build. Lets's say DK. You hate PvE and don't really have time to grind dungeons waiting for the perfect drop, and suspect the dungeon gear merchants coming in next patch may end up being overpriced RNG - point being, you need something now until you get the perfect setup.

However, you're a crafter and can make 9 trait armor.

What are some good choices for PvP (1v1, 1vX, bonus points if it can work for PvE tanking or DPS)?

For example, Hundings x5 & Morkuldin x4 & Agility x3 doesn't seem too shabby for a sword & board + dual wield setup. Loses some oomph on a sword & board + 2h, since you've got one less piece to work with. There's also that extra worthless crit...

Does this also mean that it could be more beneficial for a poor man to avoid 2H, and stick with sword & shield + dual wield for the extra trait?
Edited by Angus on January 29, 2016 7:22PM
Angus of Noquar franchise.
And some others.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So long as you judiciously mind you vigor use to be in line with igneous and keeping your health coming in you'll be fine.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    Are YOU secretly your "friend" in this story?
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    Are YOU secretly your "friend" in this story?

Once the damn traits finish researching, I might be :p
    And some others.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H is too valuable for a stamina build to not use it at least for the buff bar, IMHO, for rally if nothing else. 20% damage buff that can be applied without a target(and without leaving stealth) is enough, and you get a heal on top to boot, whats there not to like.
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    2H is too valuable for a stamina build to not use it at least for the buff bar, IMHO, for rally if nothing else. 20% damage buff that can be applied without a target(and without leaving stealth) is enough, and you get a heal on top to boot, whats there not to like.

True - although a similar effect can be achieved with flying blade on dual wield, especially if the build isn't going to need to buff in stealth. The range is nice too, though doesn't seem too useful in vet pvp.

Rally's burst heal is nice in addition to Resolving Vigor, though. I hoped it wasn't a must-have but it's seeming like it, especially with no GDB fix on the horizon.
    Edited by Angus on January 29, 2016 7:23PM
    And some others.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a must have... But it is definitely nice.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on January 29, 2016 7:43PM
    K-Hole
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going sword and board and dual wield, hunding's and morkuldin is great.

If you use 2h as a buff bar, it's still great.

My stamplar is using it currently. Only have rally on my back bar so losing an extra bit of weapon damage isn't relevant. Rear are heals and buffs like shuffle.

If you're using 2h as dps, hunding's and ashen is probably best. The health is basically stamina as you need to put less in armor then. You'd lose the regen from morkuldin, but gain the weapon damage. Your sword and shield would only gain extra crit though.

Good news is that soon some pvp sets will scale to 16, so ravager or shadow Walker may be viable options again.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 29, 2016 7:51PM
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Only have rally on my back bar so losing an extra bit of weapon damage isn't relevant.

I'm guessing you're right and its not a huge difference, but does anyone know the ratio between Rally and/or Resolving Vigor and weapon damage?

Also curious what the effective heal difference is between
    - Resolving Vigor on dual wield swords with Morkuldin x4 and Hundings x5,
    - vs 2H Rally with Morkuldin x3 and Hundings x5

Doesn't seem like there's a way to get away from Hundings :'(
    Edited by Angus on January 29, 2016 8:53PM
    And some others.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get away from hundings just fine, if well rounded is what you seek. If you are running 3 wpn dmg jewlery, and hunding you'll be at the top of dmg. 3 wpn dmg and 4 morkuldin you're sacrificing a little dmg and crit for more regen etc etc.

My advice is find the absolute lowest amount of regen you can still 1v1-3/escape with, and build so you have that base regen, and you're roughly a potion or continuos away from your favored regen.

For instance, I am comfortable with as low as ~1900 on 2h bar and ~2200 on my back bar, which allows me to add extra dmg into the equation. With a potion up the regen value of my primary dmg bar roughly becomes the regen value of my back bar and my back bar becomes ~2500+ regen which I've run with as a superior level of comfort (so this bar is where I do most of my dodge rolling defensive stuff etc). Because I'm comfortable at these regen values, work in heavy attacks and battle rush passive from 2h bar the lower regen slightly disappears. Which allows me to use hundings and 3 wpn dmg jewelry enchants. I also have repentance.

If I were on another class, or wasn't comfortable with the regen values my sets would be different, or my jewelery enchants would be different.

4 morkuldin gives you a nice well rounded set up and a lot of room for other set make ups.
    K-Hole
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added to that are what bonuses you're looking for along with your mundus. Hunding is a great all out dmg set, morkuldin 4 piece is nice for well rounded.. 4 ashen 4 night mothers not to be over looked as well
    K-Hole
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    how is someone who can craft 9 trait armor sets..... poor
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was your friend I would farm Briarheart.

5 Briar
    5 Night Mothers (this set is so nasty with sharpened weapons) / Hundings / Twice Born Star (This is what I would use because you roll serpent and warrior and enchant all your Briar jewlery with weapon damage)
    1 monster shoulder or helm of your choice if you craft your 1 weapon as part of your crafted set

When briar and weapon enchant procs go ham
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭

Buying those Nirns for research ain't cheap!!

acw37162 wrote: »

5 Briar
    5 Night Mothers (this set is so nasty with sharpened weapons) / Hundings / Twice Born Star (This is what I would use because you roll serpent and warrior and enchant all your Briar jewlery with weapon damage)
    1 monster shoulder or helm of your choice if you craft your 1 weapon as part of your crafted set

This looks interesting too. How much weapon damage does the warrior stone give with TBS with/without divines? Think I heard ~300?
    And some others.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angus wrote: »

Buying those Nirns for research ain't cheap!!

acw37162 wrote: »

5 Briar

This looks interesting too. How much weapon damage does the warrior stone give with TBS with/without divines? Think I heard ~300?

7 Gold Divines 213
    7 Divines 166

Gold Weapon damage enchants is 174 x3, is 522 and you should still have decent regen with the serpent mundus stone.

7 gold Divines serpent is 320
    7 divines 210
    Edited by acw37162 on January 31, 2016 3:42AM