The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tank DK Video ! 4x1 ! New build

Escorpiao_Noturno
Escorpiao_Noturno
✭✭✭
A new tanking video using my new tank build.
This build is better than the first one.
Tks for the reds and blue guys for the opportunity.

https://youtu.be/BT3ZRoxFaMU
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    "It ain’t about how hard you hit.
    It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward;
    how much you can take and keep moving forward.
    That’s how winning is done!" :)

Fear and WW.
    If not, the video would take 15 minutes
    Edited by Escorpiao_Noturno on January 30, 2016 6:09AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not 1 caltraps :(

If a few of them would of put a few dots on you that would of been useful, also that ww never even used the defile Dot ...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Not 1 caltraps :(

If a few of them would of put a few dots on you that would of been useful, also that ww never even used the defile Dot ...

Caltrops doesn't bother me that much.
    But WW and Fear is my worst nightmare.
    That's why I enjoy this video.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always fun watching your fights Escorpiao. What did you change compared to the previous video?
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    nerf DK?
    nerf mdk
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you are doing... what? Staying and... taking damage right? WIthout making damage, without even some control. What's the point in this?
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    So you are doing... what? Staying and... taking damage right? WIthout making damage, without even some control. What's the point in this?
    That's what I was thinking but again it's "play how you like" , these type of players you just ignore for last. Or just completely ignore. Lol
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking but again it's "play how you like" , these type of players you just ignore for last. Or just completely ignore. Lol

"It ain’t about how hard you hit.
    It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward;
    how much you can take and keep moving forward.
    That’s how winning is done!" :)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's a tank. The idea is to take all the damage and leave the DPS to the DPS folks.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

He's a tank. The idea is to take all the damage and leave the DPS to the DPS folks.

the problem is inteligent people ignore you when you are no threat in any way be it a cc bot (wich the DK excells at) a healer or a dmg dealer. he is nothing of all of that.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is, every video I have seen is just him solo asking a couple people to attack him. Not really tanking in my books unless there is something to protect
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    I am Not Going To talk about if tank is usefull or not ! Here I Am justing show how much damage the build Can take !

I have some vídeos tanking to help my team !

I will post the video build later !
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Always fun watching your fights Escorpiao. What did you change compared to the previous video?

Tks man ! Going to make a video build soon showing the changes !
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

That's PvP not PvE, you can't just taunt people. I'm also trying to play tank DK in heavy armor, but to be useful you need to make some damage or to buff your group or to control your enemies or to do at least something instead of just staying and watching and hoping that someone will attack you.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    90% percent of people hits the first enemy that he sees or the are closer to him.
    And tanks always go first.
    I count many times when was 5 or 8 enemies hitting like crazy and them "BUM",
    friend DPS bomb on them. They mostly die really fast.

People are hitting you and thinking that are almost killing you,
    so they dont give up,and spend everything on you, thats when the DPS arrives,
    and the enemies have no resources to fight.

Who holds enemies to DPS hit more easily ?
    Who stuns healers ?
    Who drains enemies magicka and stamina taking damage ?
    Of course this on small and medium fights, because of Zergs Ball it doesnt matter,.
    I don't think doing this things is useless

And again, this is a video about TAKING DAMAGE.
    Hard to understand that ? Just a video about how the build can take damage.
    Useless for you ? I bet that for some others don't.

And usually people who always say negatives things about this videos are the people who thinks that was a high DPS and just cant kill 1 guy so they get frustrate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrtxzoxWWzc
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should try that stuff ^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVBAzJL1Xo

PC EU - DC only
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

Problaly old game version

I am not saying the guy on video is bad or anything else.

But today everyone knows how DKs are.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep it was nice when the stamina regen while blocking wasnt nerfed.
    Because I can!
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

This video was made after that change ;)
    PC EU - DC only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh boy. Because of people like you magicka DKs are in such bad place. The video is posted on 1st of September. IC was released on 31st of August. So it can be with the new patch but it is not. You can see clearly when the DK roll dodge he doesnt have the fatigue buff. That means it is not after the changes.
    Because I can!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy. Because of people like you magicka DKs are in such bad place. The video is posted on 1st of September. IC was released on 31st of August. So it can be with the new patch but it is not. You can see clearly when the DK roll dodge he doesnt have the fatigue buff. That means it is not after the changes.

Plus everyone is v14... xD
    PS4 EU DC

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's PvP not PvE, you can't just taunt people. I'm also trying to play tank DK in heavy armor, but to be useful you need to make some damage or to buff your group or to control your enemies or to do at least something instead of just staying and watching and hoping that someone will attack you.

A friend mentioned they had a PVP tank build last year and at first I had the same reaction, how the hell can you tank in PVP?

Sounds crazy, but it works! You can definitely taunt players. He would jump down from the walls of a keep under attack and they would dogpile on him. He could tank a dozen players for a long time while allies killed them all with siege. Surprisingly, it worked every single time.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend mentioned they had a PVP tank build last year and at first I had the same reaction, how the hell can you tank in PVP?

Sounds crazy, but it works! You can definitely taunt players. He would jump down from the walls of a keep under attack and they would dogpile on him. He could tank a dozen players for a long time while allies killed them all with siege. Surprisingly, it worked every single time.

Pugs :wink:

Problem is though if your in a group of 4~ with a tank and you encounter another group of 4 or such, it's quite obvious when someone is a tank and they just get ignored until the end. It's good being able to take dmg but when you do nothing else your literally pointless.

PS4 EU DC

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Escorpiao_Noturno ,

Take what the haters say with a grain of salt. A lot of people think in one way for pvp. There are healers and there are DDs. These players will never come up with new strategies. They'll happily WBx 2 -> execute or ransack bash until the next OP combo gets patched in.

Have you experimented with Guard at all? I feel like this build could really be amazing in small group. Put up guard and watch enemies try to hammer down your group, while getting all those projectiles fire back at them. Just an idea.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    @Escorpiao_Noturno ,

Take what the haters say with a grain of salt. A lot of people think in one way for pvp. There are healers and there are DDs. These players will never come up with new strategies. They'll happily WBx 2 -> execute or ransack bash until the next OP combo gets patched in.

Have you experimented with Guard at all? I feel like this build could really be amazing in small group. Put up guard and watch enemies try to hammer down your group, while getting all those projectiles fire back at them. Just an idea.

Guard is bugged. It doesnt intercept all projectiles. On top of that it is very very expensive and he wont be able to block.
    Because I can!
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Escorpiao_Noturno ,

Guard is bugged. It doesnt intercept all projectiles. On top of that it is very very expensive and he wont be able to block.

That sucks to hear. That's one skill that had so much potential.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Escorpiao_Noturno ,

That sucks to hear. That's one skill that had so much potential.

Had potential, its a shame ZOS doesn't update their skills. How could anyone possibly be able to take 600 stam per sec, 1500 per projectile and no stam regen? How the hell thought that that was a smart skill design? like seriously.....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming