The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction change, ever?

Daraugh
Daraugh
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this can be a touchy topic, but I would really like to know if it ever will or will not be available. I don't want to debate the whys on if it should be in the game or not, I would just like to know if it is "yes, coming soon" (for specific values of soon ;) ) "something we'd like to do" or "no, we don't ever plan on this."

It can take a number of different forms:

Store only
Store and/or quest to change
Quest only
Any or all the above as part of a dlc
Any or all the above as a standalone offering

I ask because I have three Khajiit I'd much rather be a part of Daggerfall. This one grows tired of poncy elves and their fancy words.

...and sometimes, not so fancy
ArjRhGD.png
May all beings have happiness
May they be free from suffering
May they find the joy that has never known suffering
May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction change is currently "We are thinking about it" from ZOS. Meaning, not even on the radar, but it might come, someday.

It has some iffyness, mostly due to quest progression lines, though those could be easily bypassed by making completion of cadwells silver&gold a prerequesite.

Personally I would really hope they make it with some epic quest... no matter if started per crown store item or freely as reward for getting through gold (and restarts would definitely be a matter for the crown store, and a costly one at that), but I really would love to see some "faction loyalty called in question" questline plot, where in the first third you get to make a choice - stay loyal to your alliance and find out who framed you, or defect to another alliance were you hope to feel better at home... and then two diffeerent questlines that would take you all over your homelands, either tracking the real traitors and clear your name, or preparing for your defection, courting spies from your destination alliance and grabbing some state secrets to make it worth their while to take you in...
    Perferably with an extra title "Pact/Covenant/Dominion Loyalist" or "Pact/Covenant/Dominion Defector" depending on your choice. And if defecting... maybe some lingering effects. Like... the defector title going automatically active in cyrodil, and enemies from your "old alliance" gaining triple AP killing you? Possibly even a period of half AP gains for defectors (since it takes time until the people in your new alliance begin to trust a proven "traitor")
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I can understand the difficulties it would create, certainly as far as the linear quest progression stands now. The only times I could think of it working would be when a character just starts or finishes Coldharbor or has finished all of Cadwell's gold and silver. Those are the only natural turning points in the storyline. Hopefully as they open the world up more, it can be discussed.

I guess in the meantime I'll get a couple of the new character slots and roll a few kitties in Daggerfall. I'll just plan on keeping my current ones in AD regardless of the possibility of a future option. Just ignore Icky elves lol, a Khajiit centered DLC would help!
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im actually trying to get my Templar out of DC, all my guilds are EP. DC PUGS are the worst
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy they have not put this in yet.
    It's so unnecessary. :)
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could understand faction exit, in fact I would second such request, but why there should be outright faction change? Players of a faction should at the very least have some say in admission of spineless turncoats into their ranks, especially if these worms wanted to buy their way in with money.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a "once off change" on every character on your account wouldn't hurt at all. My DC Khajiit looks forward to welcoming you - we can use AD as scratching posts :smiley:
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry am I missing something faction change how's this going to work in PvP as what's to say everyone ends pick on faction
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see faction change as well: my token DC and EP characters look forward to defecting to the superior alliance and the imminent cross-faction grouping makes having characters in each alliance not as useful as it was previously.

I think it would need to have pretty strict limits on how often it could be used to prevent rampant alliance jumping in PvP. Maybe a one-time-per-character thing or an expensive crown store consumable.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't care for it and I hope it's never implemented. Too much FotM Faction jumping because X Alliance is stomping all over Y and Z Alliance in ABC Campaign.

No, thank you. Stick with your decision or reroll.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 306 traits researched and nearly a million AP on my crafter I'd like to see the ability to faction change. Not easily mind you, but at least an option if they are going to implement changes that require you to work with your alliance members for crafting.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit being lazy and just level an alt quit asking for stuff... earn it.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

306 traits and nearly a million AP isn't lazy. Trolling is however.
    The Vegemite Knight

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

Nothing about what he said is trolling. If you can't handle another persons opinion and accept it for what it is, don't reply. If you feel like it's trolling, report it.

306 Traits and a Million AP can be done on any character in any faction. All this equates to is you spent a lot of time. Nothing more. You're no more deserving of jumping to a FotM Faction than a guy/gal that just started playing two weeks ago and realized his/her friends are in DC while they started playing in AD.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry you felt I was trolling but I stand by my opinion. One million ap is literally minuscule I had 11.5 million ap on my Templar before I retired her and leveled a new toon. She has had assault 10 support 10 and just shy of 300 skill points for over a year and hated to give it up now I have leveled three more vr16 s totaling four and will be leveling my fifth which is vr1. Every one is assault 8 or nine. I run with ppl that have one toon and I also run with ppl that have 8 vr 16s. I just think you are making excuses... you could have already leveled a toon. I for one hope there are never faction changes. I will level my lowbie DC toon one day... To "play with my friends". But EP.... Forget about it!

Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry you felt I was trolling but I stand by my opinion. One million ap is literally minuscule I had 11.5 million ap on my Templar before I retired her and leveled a new toon. She has had assault 10 support 10 and just shy of 300 skill points for over a year and hated to give it up now I have leveled three more vr16 s totaling four and will be leveling my fifth which is vr1. Every one is assault 8 or nine. I run with ppl that have one toon and I also run with ppl that have 8 vr 16s. I just think you are making excuses... you could have already leveled a toon. I for one hope there are never faction changes. I will level my lowbie DC toon one day... To "play with my friends". But EP.... Forget about it!

I don't think you realize how much time goes into researching traits for crafting. But at least I affected you so that you shared a proper opinion, that I am entitled to disagree with.
    The Vegemite Knight

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support faction change 100%, preferably through a quest with Cadwell's Gold as a prerequisite. I also think a significant cooldown should be employed - something like 90 days per character.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I support faction change 100%, preferably through a quest with Cadwell's Gold as a prerequisite. I also think a significant cooldown should be employed - something like 90 days per character.

I fully support Cadwell's Gold being a requirement. I'd even go so far as to suggest that the alliance rank be reset to 0 on the character and that the character gains alliance points at a reduced rate while on the cooldown.
    The Vegemite Knight

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I fully support Cadwell's Gold being a requirement. I'd even go so far as to suggest that the alliance rank be reset to 0 on the character and that the character gains alliance points at a reduced rate while on the cooldown.

I don't know, that seems pretty punitive. I wouldn't mind a 50% reduction in AP gains during the cooldown or something, but resetting rank would remove skill points and abilities and most people would be against that.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you realize how much time goes into researching traits for crafting. But at least I affected you so that you shared a proper opinion, that I am entitled to disagree with.

Not to keep the discussion going but I am a nine trait crafter on my nightblade in every profession so I am keenly aware and have leveled the other four toons to 50 in all crafting, provisioning, alchemy and enchanting. You only need one toon with the traits unlocked regardless of faction. I make armor for reds and blues all the time. But yes of course you can and do disagree. But before I close my vr 1 is now vr 4 almost five. I will have her leveled to 16 before the next weekend.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to keep the discussion going but I am a nine trait crafter on my nightblade in every profession so I am keenly aware and have leveled the other four toons to 50 in all crafting, provisioning, alchemy and enchanting. You only need one toon with the traits unlocked regardless of faction. I make armor for reds and blues all the time. But yes of course you can and do disagree. But before I close my vr 1 is now vr 4 almost five. I will have her leveled to 16 before the next weekend.

Not everyone can spam shadowcloak to get to the Imperial City crafting stations. It's not about VR level either. I already deleted several vets when I moved from DC to AD.
    The Vegemite Knight

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know, that seems pretty punitive. I wouldn't mind a 50% reduction in AP gains during the cooldown or something, but resetting rank would remove skill points and abilities and most people would be against that.

I agree it would be harsh, but if you consider that you are no longer a General in the Pact when you move to the Covenant it makes sense in that regard. Maybe reduce their rank over the same cool down period so that it would gradually return to the level they were at before. But that's a whole lot of coding. I suppose it would be similar to when people heal vampire or wolf, the skill points would be locked in there until the character leveled up alliance, or did a skill point buyback.
    The Vegemite Knight