The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can I force ESO to use other ports? (No access to firewall/router settings)

r.jan_emailb16_ESO
r.jan_emailb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I have the very annoying problem of having a 98% chance of getting kicked back to the login screen when changing areas (= loading screens) or when trying to to log in with a character.

This is tied to the internet access at the place I live; customer support told me it's because some ports are closed. I verified this using my phone as a wifi hotspot, and yes I can do all the stuff when I'm on the internet via phone. Needless to say, that's not an option (bad ping, traffic etc.).

I tried to reach out to the company renting my apartment (I have no access to the router, the default password doesn't work :tongue: ); they asked the company who installed the network, and those are apparently "very slow with their responses", for me this means they probably won't open those ports or do anything else (still trying though). So, I have to work around that issue.

Is there any possibility to force ESO to use other ports? I can download the game without any problem, and when I managed to log in (= I can play my character), I stay in. The problem only occurs when changing zones or after character selection. Would be really nice if someone has any idea on how to solve this.
Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.