The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The New Battle Levelling

leejohn85b16_ESO
Since the changes to battle levelling, has anyone analysed wearing your current level sets, when scaling gives you a decent return, or a poor return between 10 and V16?
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    You may want to reword this mess of a sentence for more clarity.

It's a good idea to not let your gear's level lag your hero's level too much. I've been crafting armor every 6 levels for non-vet PvP and it's been just fine.

Some people will tell you that you can't compete unless you make purple gear every 2 levels... these people are wrong.

As far as vet PvP goes... I can't help you.
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    mcurley wrote: »
    It's a good idea to not let your gear's level lag your hero's level too much. I've been crafting armor every 6 levels for non-vet PvP and it's been just fine.

Some people will tell you that you can't compete unless you make purple gear every 2 levels... these people are wrong.

Confirmed, this is what I do too. I can see why new weapons every two levels could be useful, but it doesn't seem that i lose much more than 10%-15% being six levels behind on gear in non-vet... don't got time for crafting every two levels!

mcurley wrote: »
    As far as vet PvP goes... I can't help you.

I'd recommend the two-level rule in vet, max of three (unless you have a great dropped set that makes up for it). The difference is a bit more noticeable there, probably due to much harder mobs and smarter/better-geared opponents.

When you hit v16 and still have your v15 gear, and lose battle levelling, that's when the pain really begins :'(
    Edited by Angus on January 28, 2016 9:38PM
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Angus wrote: »

When you hit v16 and still have your v15 gear, and lose battle levelling, that's when the pain really begins :'(

Just returned to playing ESO, rushed to grind up to V16 and noticed this. :'( Wonder if I would have had higher damage staying at V14 with gold gear?

I suppose I'll stop leveling future alts around V12. Some great sets at that level.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 29, 2016 2:37AM
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being 6 lvls above my gear I dropped 500 weapon damage on my stam blade, gear was lvl34 player lvl40. It's well worth crafting every 2-4 lvls if you can
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With blue and purple gear, I can acquire starts stronger than my VR16s gold gear. I like what they've done with battle leveling but I think they need to bump it down a notch.