The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Store Items - The Why, And do we Approve?

Spacemonkey
Spacemonkey
✭✭✭✭✭
A lot of topics and discussions have turned up concerning the high prices and seemingly recycled content of the Crown Store following the release of the Crown Store showcase and the release of the Nord Hero armor.

While most seem to agree that the prices are too high,
And that many complain about yet another reskinned Bear/Senche/Horse,

I believe there is something most people are ignoring or forgetting.

If we go back a few months, before the holidays, I remember quite a few topics and disgruntled community members arguing that following the DLCs there just didn't seem to be any point in subbing anymore.

So many demands were thrown out there, coupled with threats of subscription cancellations. But out of it all, came a general desire to see more and more content for ESO+ subscribers to get fro the store - and in-game perks better than a (kind of lousy) exp boost.

We know the crafting material bag is on it's way. But now we are complaining that they are churning out reskins in the store? I can understand that at face value the prices look intimidating but anyone that takes two seconds to look and that sees that the next DLC will be priced 2000 crowns, the same as the lone Nord Hero armor (also 2000 crown), should be able to acknowledge; OK, the nord Hero armor is for eso+ subbers, and if I really really want it, at least it isnt exclusive.

We've been asking for them to give us something on which to spend our crowns, and from what I'm seeing, they've done just that. (As or writing this, I still have 11k crowns from the sub)

Regardless, ANY way you look at it, more is always better. It adds diversity, meaning that 'Other' costume you were wearing, now gains rarity because others will be wearing the new items. It keeps subbers happy-er, they keep the game healthy-er. And the purchasable content that really matters , remains at 2000 crowns. Which imo, is ok (not cheap, but not expensive).
That being said, do we approve of making these 
cosmetic items more exclusive (mostly to Eso+ Subbers)?

I know I don't care all that much but I think it's better than nothing by a long shot.

Keep it up @ZOS,

and btw, I-could-not-care-less-of-your-generic-tasteless-black-bear, seriously even keeping the same model, couldn't you have skinned something a bit more 'Elder's Scrolls' than a generic black bear??? Like I dunno. Call it a Colovian Bear, make it almost of one distinctive color (black, tan-golden-like, bluish-black) then add a very distinctive fur pattern (of a second color) in the head and shoulders area, and then shove that new species of Bear into the lore. Even your @)#(%* texture artist would have more fun making that (and in the same amount of time!).
Edited by Spacemonkey on January 28, 2016 10:35PM
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion things that go in the crown store should stay in the crown store these exclusive things always catch me off gaurd and I always don't have the money. Also any server you buy a costume/mount/pet should transfer over to the other server I hate buying things twice just to have them on both servers. This feels like a huge inconvenience that I may not buy the "unlocks" for costumes/mounts/pets just to keep everything a little more even.
    Edited by Whatzituyah on January 28, 2016 11:50PM