The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate - Ice Comet

Bloodybadger68
Bloodybadger68
Soul Shriven
Animation no longer showing, Sound no longer available. Ring that targets character no longer shows. It looks like damage is being generated but not to the level before. Is this a product of recent patch and has it been reported already? Thanks in advance, a loyal player.

Best Answer

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ice Comet morph of Meteor still works as far as I can see, I was in a group with some people using it a few hours ago. It's the Shooting Star morph which doesn't show any animation when used, and hasn't for quite some time I believe - before the last patch at any rate. I think it's a known issue, some of my guildmates have the same issue with the animation not happening.

Edit: This is on PC, probably should have said that :)
    Edited by ListerJMC on January 28, 2016 4:12PM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Answer ✓
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem all the time, its due to the animation culling in laggy situation, logging out and back in usually fixes it, although that means you also have to wait in a cue

Other abilities that have their animations removed like this include, but aren't limited to:
    Vamp's Bane
    Curse
    Frags
    Destro staff attacks

This culling makes it particularly hard to fight sorcs and often times I notice people won't even react to meteors or curse during primetime and will slot overload/dawnbreaker instead because I know when I get hit with a meteor and never saw a circle it makes me very unhappy and I don't want others to have to experience that
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 28, 2016 4:06PM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Animation no longer showing, Sound no longer available. Ring that targets character no longer shows. It looks like damage is being generated but not to the level before. Is this a product of recent patch and has it been reported already? Thanks in advance, a loyal player.

Wtf this happened to me yesterday. I even told my friend that someone "animation cancelled ice comet". I'm on ps4
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's the first level. I morphed mine to shooting star instead of ice comet the other day bu accident and noticed it. Changed morph and it worked fine