The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crouching on (unmapped) ALT key press

selfea
selfea
Soul Shriven
Hi guys

I sent a /feedback to ESO support but have yet to hear anything. I have Crouch mapped to CTRL and ALT is only mapped to Character Window; but it also seems to be used to escape from some interactions. However, when I use ALT to escape those interactions, I end up crouched even though ALT is nowhere near my keybindings for crouch.

Can anyone help me with why it's doing this or what weird mapping is going on? It's very frustrating having to un-crouch every time I exit a screen :(
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sioneld wrote: »
    Hi guys

I sent a /feedback to ESO support but have yet to hear anything. I have Crouch mapped to CTRL and ALT is only mapped to Character Window; but it also seems to be used to escape from some interactions. However, when I use ALT to escape those interactions, I end up crouched even though ALT is nowhere near my keybindings for crouch.

Can anyone help me with why it's doing this or what weird mapping is going on? It's very frustrating having to un-crouch every time I exit a screen :(

Go into your settings and find key mapping.Change your keys to ones that will work for you.
  • selfea
    selfea
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply. I have done that. I am a left-handed mouse user, remapping keys is the first thing I do. That's why I am confident that ALT is not remotely mapped to crouch at all.
    Edited by selfea on January 27, 2016 9:52PM
  • selfea
    selfea
    Soul Shriven
    For the record I did try resetting to defaults and re-mapping all over again but it didn't fix it.