The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 Crashing

Liptrot
Liptrot
✭✭
Crashed 6 times in the last hour why doing crafting writs and now in cyrodiil, get the error (CE-34878-0) anyone else having problems? Eu Server
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been happening since launch i think zos are just ignoring it
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Liptrot
    Liptrot
    ✭✭
    Ah ok it's the first time iv had it happen to me tonight and now it's happening every 10 to 15 minutes
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had about 10 blue screen crashes (well they are blue for me cos my ps4 theme is blue) in about 6 months playing.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • orlan
    orlan
    yep i had one of those errors today, with this game just about to portal using a way shrine, and boom, blue screen error.
    Edited by orlan on December 31, 2015 12:00AM
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Its happening to me mainly in cyrodiil and if trying to use a wayshrine.
    Its getting really annoying and seems to be worse since Orsinium download
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I asked eso through Twitter and they pointed the blame towards Sony so idk. Gets pretty damn annoying though
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

Fun fact; I have 2 hard drives, both experienced this issue. One is the factory default drive, another is a 1TB Seagate hybrid state drive. ATM I have my default drive in the PS4. Note: I run ESO off of the harddrive, not a disc.

Try doing the steps Sony recommended to fix it, if that doesn't work try what I did last night.

1. Get a can of compressed air, and thoroughly clean the console on the exterior with it. Making sure you get the exhaust in the back and any area you see covered in dust.

2. Open the glossy panel where the hard drive sits, and clean this area too with the compressed air. Clean the under side of the glossy panel and put it back in.

3. Plug your console in and turn it back on and play. Try playing for a long time, somewhere like 4-6 hours. See if this helps.

4. When you are done playing, turn the machine off instead of stand by mode. This would hopefully help keep the dust away.

After cleaning my PS4 with compressed air I have not had the issue since it was cleaned. Another fun fact: I had a PS3 fat model...which sadly died. Wanna know why it died? Too much dust!!!! We're talking like, an absurd amount of dust. The operating system and the lens were having trouble while the console was on for long periods of time. Often the thing would stop responding or even crash. When I opened her up, much to my surprise....a lot of dust had accumulated inside of the machine to the point where it wouldn't be fixable. Anyway, point being, the dust is probably affecting the PS4 machine.

Hope this helps.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 4, 2016 3:49PM
  • frubilein
    frubilein
    Soul Shriven
    Just got the game for Christmas and are facing the error ever since. Mainly when I enter or leave areas where the game has to load a little longer or when using wayshrines. Some days I can play without much trouble but today was maybe the worst day of all. About 15 crashes in about 1 1/2 hours.

Tried to use a wayshrine and got kicked out 5 times in a row until I decided to walk.

I really think it's a great game but facing this kind of trouble is so damn frustrating. And it really prevents me from buying any addon in the future since the game is almost unplayable at this point and I wouldn't wanna spend any more money on something that is just not working well.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-5 times per day I get booted with a blue screen. It's gotten to the point where I'm considering canceling my ESO plus and trading in the game. I'm tired of it, frankly.

These are my current issues, that have been ongoing for a long time now:-

• Blue screen crashes are more frequent
    • Still can't bid on guild traders thanks to UI error
    • Can't loot some of the bosses in dungeons (like the one in Vet Spindleclutch)
    • Getting stuck in walls happens to me (and NPCs) all the time
    • Logged 26 hours in Old Orsinium without a single drop of an Ancient Orc motif (and now wondering if this is bugged or just crazy bad luck)
    • Permanent load screens whereby it takes 20 minutes before having to make an executive decision to shutdown the program and reboot
    • Terrible lag in PVP - to the point of unplayable.
    • Guild Banks still become unavailable and you have to try several times to get into them
    • Objects that you can't interact with until you do a dodge roll

I have plenty more... these are just starting points.
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    So play on the eu servers about 10 to 12 hours a day and i will blue screen 4 or 5 times during the session. Same error codes, same report sent to sony. They must enjoy watching the video clips i send too, they get enough to watch!