The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like to bring nirnhoned armor trait spell resistance back to the way it was?

DevonoftheDrakeSeal
Before they change the nirnhoned effect, it actually did what the lettering said it did. Now it only works on weapons and protects the armor not you. In pvp people complain too much about the way they died. Please poll your answer to show the developers that they have gone too far, with the hardest to get trait in the game.
Edited by DevonoftheDrakeSeal on January 23, 2016 7:03PM

Would you like to bring nirnhoned armor trait spell resistance back to the way it was? 32 votes

Yes bring it back your game was good the way you had it.
50% 16 votes
No, change everything we loved about your game and make me play all the new games that come out because your game got worse over the last year.
50% 16 votes
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want them to bring back a OP bug that pretty much made magicka classes useless even though stamina classes are currently stronger.

How about you just learn to adapt.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll is biased.
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    It was not a bug the lettering says specifically increases YOUR spell resistance by x amount not YOUR armors spell resistance I find this is false advertising to new players.
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    So you want them to bring back a OP bug that pretty much made magicka classes useless even though stamina classes are currently stronger.

That's not very nice you should learn some manners.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your poll is extremely biased. A simple yes/no would have given you much more credibility.

With that being said, I think Nirnhoned on armor is pretty much pointless right now. I wouldn't want to see it as powerful as it was but something in the middle might be nice.
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they changed it the fortified nirn is only used for research as far as I can tell the weapon one is still useful though

I know most PvE builds used to use atleast 1 nirn, now we're back to all divines or divines infused again,

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do see a nice boost to overall Spell Resistance with two pieces of armor with Nirn. That being said, I don't really apply it to my armors anymore as Divines does more for me with my current builds.

I think when I make some Tank Gear, I might put in on 3 or 4 pieces.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better poll might be to see who currently uses it. Guessing the numbers would show that it needs to be reworked to make it more useful.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better poll might be to see who currently uses it. Guessing the numbers would show that it needs to be reworked to make it more useful.

I'd like to get one of these polls going for well fitted, sturdy and also figure out if anyone has a use for impen in pve other than a doorstop.

As bad as nirnhoned armor is, it at least does something remotely meaningful.
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal

I couldn't agree more that's sort of why I wanted to try to have Zos realize that the nerd on the trait was a horrible idea, it literally made many people put the game aside.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They shouldnt change it back to the way it was, medium armor with a couple nirn had hard-capped spell resist.

Making it more viable would be nice, for example by adding some spell crit resistance (similar to impen) or something like that.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    They shouldnt change it back to the way it was, medium armor with a couple nirn had hard-capped spell resist.

Making it more viable would be nice, for example by adding some spell crit resistance (similar to impen) or something like that.
    why wouldn't you want to bring it back if it meant more survivability that's how it was originally intended for. On weapons it adds spell penetration so I don't see what the crying and fuss was originally about. Even a character with weapon crit must have spells to cast and penetration with there damage. There's champ points to ignore armor and all for damage, however the hardest to get trait is now just a laughing stock when it comes to armor. I used to play pvp and didn't care how I died or how long it might take to kill an opponent it was fun and challenging, and I succeeded at times.

• DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    Your poll is extremely biased. A simple yes/no would have given you much more credibility.

With that being said, I think Nirnhoned on armor is pretty much pointless right now. I wouldn't want to see it as powerful as it was but something in the middle might be nice.

Just shows that people still voted on it, biased or not there playing other games. Probably because it's true.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can tank trials in medium armour and you want me to have even more spell resistance? Don't think that is necessary.
    And for pvp I have the feeling that both, my stamblade and stam dk don't need any further buffs.
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    I can tank trials in medium armour and you want me to have even more spell resistance? Don't think that is necessary.
    And for pvp I have the feeling that both, my stamblade and stam dk don't need any further buffs.
    Yea and isn't there Passives that increase your stamina recovery for medium armor? So your telling me against all players wants, they should be force to wear some pieces of medium. The trait clearly says increases YOUR spell resistance, apparently a lot of people think it's necessary to live up to its words.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

why wouldn't you want to bring it back if it meant more survivability that's how it was originally intended for. On weapons it adds spell penetration so I don't see what the crying and fuss was originally about. Even a character with weapon crit must have spells to cast and penetration with there damage. There's champ points to ignore armor and all for damage, however the hardest to get trait is now just a laughing stock when it comes to armor. I used to play pvp and didn't care how I died or how long it might take to kill an opponent it was fun and challenging, and I succeeded at times.

Because there isnt a trait for magicka builds that lets them hard-cap physical resist.

And you can reduce magic/elemental dmg or increase spell resist in the Champion System.

Stamina builds already produce a lot more dmg in pvp, this shouldnt be supported by hard-capped spell resist.

For example, my instant cast Surprise Attack on my stamina NB is hitting just as hard or harder as my Cfrags on my magicka sorc that has to proc first.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before they change the nirnhoned effect, it actually did what the lettering said it did. Now it only works on weapons and protects the armor not you. In pvp people complain too much about the way they died. Please poll your answer to show the developers that they have gone too far, with the hardest to get trait in the game.

Let's recap. You want to revert nirnhoned the way it used to be, but keep the increased HP and reduced damage? I think someone got killed by a sorc last night.
    :trollin:
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal

Let's recap. You want to revert nirnhoned the way it used to be, but keep the increased HP and reduced damage? I think someone got killed by a sorc last night.
    I didn't get hit by a sorc last night, it's the mere fact that the nirnhoned trait is misleading in the game. If I die in pvp it actually makes me laugh, yet you wouldn't know this because you probably are a sorc thing there all that and a bag of potato chips. The I advise you to read the actual traits wording.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't get hit by a sorc last night, it's the mere fact that the nirnhoned trait is misleading in the game. If I die in pvp it actually makes me laugh, yet you wouldn't know this because you probably are a sorc thing there all that and a bag of potato chips. The I advise you to read the actual traits wording.

Again, make a poll thats not extremely biased or a 3rd one saying 'Lol Nope'.

It was a bug, zos confirmed it was a bug, having literally everyone running around with hard capped spell resist was unfair and unbalanced.

Stamina hits harder at the moment anyway and you want them to be able to mitigate 50% dmg no matter what build.

Also weapon users with crit do not use 'spells' the only spells they use are for utlity not dmg, they use long ranged stamina skills.

Again bad idea is bad idea.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was NEVER a bug, ZOS just decided they got tired of the complaints so they branded it "not working as intended". This whole fiasco was a giant slap in the face to everyone who invested serious gold into Nirnhoned armor and serious time into farming Craglorn.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal

Again, make a poll thats not extremely biased or a 3rd one saying 'Lol Nope'.

It was a bug, zos confirmed it was a bug, having literally everyone running around with hard capped spell resist was unfair and unbalanced.

Stamina hits harder at the moment anyway and you want them to be able to mitigate 50% dmg no matter what build.

Also weapon users with crit do not use 'spells' the only spells they use are for utlity not dmg, they use long ranged stamina skills.

Again bad idea is bad idea.
    Sounds like you don't like being wrong, it was intended for your resistances.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didnt change nirnhoned, they fixed it, it was bugged before, from Wrobels mouth. It ruined magicka dmg.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realise you can use CP to buff spell resistance right?

I honestly think you're the only person who cares about the fix or change or whatever. Everyone else just moved on.
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You do realise you can use CP to buff spell resistance right?

I honestly think you're the only person who cares about the fix or change or whatever. Everyone else just moved on.
    According to the results of this post, you are sadly incorrect.