The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New patch

MAKO_Junkie
MAKO_Junkie
Soul Shriven
Broke my game. I found that the eso.exe file was missing after the patch. I tried using repair but it still didn't fix it after leaving my PC on overnight. Instead I woke up to another error which tells me to restart the launcher or run repair if that doesn't work... Again? I don't think so.

I think the only way I'm going to be able to fix the game is by reinstalling... Again. Which is ridiculous. 85GB is quite a bit of data. Data is not free. If I hadn't upgraded my internet package to, "unlimited" just recently, I'd be complaining about data costs because having to reinstall this game over and over will use up data fast.

I also tried verifying the cache since I'm running it through Steam but that just ended with a 28.5GB download that didn't do anything other than use my data. Also, after that 28.5GB download, the launcher ran another 3GB download which did nothing as well.

What's with all the downloads that do nothing but use up data?

Prior to this most recent patch, my game ran perfectly fine...
There are no myths, only exaggerations.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    After each successful update I run a repair (verify), then once I'm happy and the game works fine (usually giving it a day or two), then ZIP the whole game up in a backup. If the next update for one or the other reason fail, I just UNZUP my backup and try again.

Paranoid I know, but it served me well in the past.
    Maybe one day Zenimax could have a laucher as awesome as Blizzard's... we can only hope. In the meantime, this works.
    Edited by Korax on January 26, 2016 9:00PM
  • MAKO_Junkie
    MAKO_Junkie
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe I'll give that a try once the game is reinstalled and, hopefully, running properly again. Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm, just noticed that I can't edit the first post but replies are okay.
    Edited by MAKO_Junkie on January 26, 2016 9:25PM
    There are no myths, only exaggerations.