The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

V16 Healing Gear.

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
As my templar grows closer to v16, I've hit a wall at what gear she should use. Even though shes currently running 2 heavy 5 light, she has so much max magicka and regeneration that even when I'm being sniped to death in pvp I can heal myself until they usually finally give up (as they realize I'm not dying any time soon) or one of my group members kill them. Really, I only die when ambushed or mobbed. She's currently only V10 though, and I'm not quite sure what gear she should use.

My thoughts instantly went to Kagrenak's, as the health, magicka and 5 bonus are all... beautiful. I've been set on that for awhile now and am not too sure about changing that plan.

My problem is what do I fill my other gear slots with? I need a set that will drop, for the jewelry, but am not sure what can fill that and not be a wasted item. I also need something to use my weapon slots for, which will most likely be both resto staves unless something changes my mind.

It's also worth noting she is a breton vampire. I've had zero issue with fire in the past, and the bazillion spell resistance is great, with my only rare issue being is her health regeneration is a tad slow. Right now, shes just using a mix of seducer and magnus for magicka.

I recently converted her to DPS just so I could level her without losing my mind in the process. Shes been a healer before, and a damn good one, but as end game content approaches I need to adjust. Any ideas on the gear?
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For jewelery I'd recommend willpower. You can get it from trophy chests in IC and find it in most guild stores.
    Kargrenac is a good set to start with, however in the end spell power cure will be superior, but it takes some time to get it (drops in wgt). For the last pieces good options are 1 kena + 2 torugs pact, 3 elemental succession or 3 magnus.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I run 3 willpower,
    5 Kragenacs
    1 Bloodspawn,
    the rest Torugspact

Seems to work fine for me,
    I run Dualwield, Resto staff or Sword and Board
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Kags for the Rez is worth it in Vet Dungeons. I will be surprised if that rez time doesn't get nerfed. Hope not though..

I then run 3 willpower/arcane. Shop early for your V level the rings can be tough to find but I just found two V16 for 5K each which is cheap. I am still at V10 but planning ahead. Buying bone shards or whatever does not seem cheaper and I am done with IC so look in guild stores.

The rest of my set is Julianno's/Swords/Resto since it is easy to craft.

I tend to heal more than I dps but I often find as a Templar I am out dps'ing the dpsers or at least able to stay alive and consistently apply pressure. then the dps complain they are not getting enough heals and "where's the heal"s so I go back to healing then the dps drops.. such needy ***$kers some people. lol.

Anyway, on most dungeons a combo approach and BoL usually works OK.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellpower Cure is possibly the best dps support set obtainable for healers, currently. It will grant you (while buffed) just as much healing strength as Healer's Habit, while also buffing up to five of your allies as well. HoT's easily proc the effect. It is, however, locked behind a long, difficult dungeon grind.

Kagrenac's Hope remains viable at max level, especially in Cyrodiil where resurrection opportunities are frequent. You sacrifice some heal strength vs Julianos or Twiceborn Star, but the additional magic regen/res perk is more than worth the trade, if you believe you'll be using it.

Trinimac's Valor is an excellent option for jewelry, if you've obtained any. Wearing 3 accessories and one armor can grant enough regen to use your 5 piece for something more offensive, if you'd like. It, like SPC, is behind a lengthy grind to obtain.

If you feel your regen is solid without jewelry, then Willpower will definitely strengthen your build. Arcane versions are expensive, but tradable.

A workable setup which doesn't require BoP items could be: 5 Kagrenac's Hope (Armor), 3 Archmage (Pendant+2 Light), and 3 Willpower (Rings + Resto staff). This would give you 3 Spell damage effects, 2.5 magic, 2 magic regen, 1 health, and quick resurrection.
    Another setup, one that I use for healing PvE at times, is 5 of your choice (I use SPC), 4 Trinimac (acc. and 1 light), 1 Molag Kena, and Maelstrom Resto/Destro. Quite a bit of regen, resources, and buffs for allies. Substitute 2 piece Torug for Kena/Mael if unobtained.

An interesting option, and one that is harder to obtain, is to run 5 Permafrost. The stats seem geared towards magicka tanking or healing, despite it being a Heavy set. Ideal for a caster would be to wear it on jewelry+ Chest + 1 Armor. It is, however, a Maelstrom reward only, so skill and repetition is needed to build a full set.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas on the gear?

After you get some suggestions, here is what you can do to test the gear. Make a set in VR14 White for what ever choices you have, and equip that and go fight some level appropriate mobs (or just look at your character sheet in some cases). See which of the sets gives you the best boost to your stats that you want to boost. Remember, your comparing the two sets of armor, not what your currently wearing and the VR14 stuff. You can certainly mix in the Dropped items you want to use it with. Also, don't waste the mats making Glyphs on the test gear, unless you have a bunch.

Once you find the set you want, then make that in VR16 and Gold.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"