The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Newbie Crafting Help

munkt0r
munkt0r
✭✭✭
This question is specifically about crafted sets.

Currently i'm 30 in blacksmithing and have gotten up to 3 traits on most pieces I craft. This has allowed me to do some of the lower level sets, but i'm having fun and understanding how to become a more capable crafter. One day i'll make some of those fancy 8-trait sets, but one thing does confuse me a bit.

I see people discussing # of pieces they're wearing and I might be slightly confused.

As far as I understand 6 pieces can be worn:

Head
Chest
Arms
Legs
Waist
Feet

And one piece for each hand:

Main hand
Off hand

This allows for 8 slots.

As all sets require at least 2 pieces for initial bonus, i'm guessing commonly people go 4 / 2 / 2 or 5 / 3

Can jewelry be part of sets? 11 slots would allow for some more diverse combinations, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Likely that means such is not possible, but I figured i'd ask you guys here on the board.

Thanks in advance for any information.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the total piece that can complete a set is 7 armor and 1-2 weapons or 1 weapon and a shield.

One 2 set option for craftable sets
    Set 1 - Chest / Feet / Hands / Legs / Waist
    Set 2 - Head / Shoulders / [Weapon or Dual Weapons or Weapon & Shield]

Set one is 5 pc
    Set two is 3 or 4 pc

It is possible to have two 5pc sets plus a 2pc set if you mix in found (non craftable) sets that include jewelry

Edited by Tallowby on January 26, 2016 6:00PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 Armor Slots, your missing shoulders

1/2 "Hand Slots" for either weapons, weapon or weapon and shield

3 Jewelry Slots

Currently, you can't make Jewelry so that is made up of various pieces or parts of dropped sets. If you go with 3 pieces of Jewelry from a dropped set that also has armor and weapon pieces, it is possible to sport 2 5 Piece sets. Other wise it will be a 5 piece and then a mix of other sets. It is possible to have two 5 piece sets and a 2 piece set in some cases.

Most people want at least a 5 piece bonus on their gear, but not all. Then, they mix in 2 or 3 pieces that give nice two or three piece bonuses to flesh out their builds.
    Edited by Nestor on January 26, 2016 5:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    You also have shoulders.. 7 armor pieces. 5 piece is the max set bonus, but other passives in your skill tree would give more bonus if you decide to wear 7 of the same weight for example. (7 light, med or heavy)

Yes some jewelry can be part of a 3 or 5 piece set/bonus also. You can mix/match as needed if the sets align.
    Lots of good videos on YouTube explain crafting.

GL!
  • munkt0r
    munkt0r
    ✭✭✭
    Very helpful info guys, thank you!

Also, thanks for clarifying the shoulders - still a newb =)