The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are You Willing To Pay Double For Crown Store NA/EU Servers?

Aletheion
Aletheion
✭✭✭
This is for people who are making crown store purchases and playing on both NA and EU servers. If you are not playing both servers, or don't use the crown store, please don't vote.
Edited by Aletheion on December 25, 2015 3:51PM

Are You Willing To Pay Double For Crown Store NA/EU Servers? 31 votes

Yes, but I haven't made the purchase(s) yet
0%
Yes, and I already have bought on both servers
0%
No, I'll buy for one server, but I will still play both servers
3%
Arkhaniir 1 vote
No, I'll buy for one server and abandon the other server
83%
HanokihscavakthestampedeDanikatIoveAlienSlofZitVorcillonewolf26Jonthe838LegolessReverbViscousSummer88SmokeXFHyperiousInfectedmakeyurselfSNUFFY3000illusionistikMerkzM8SomewhereSnowZenia 26 votes
Other (this is here in case there is an other option I'm not thinking of)
12%
SolarikenIslynMerryGinalAkrasjel 4 votes
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the reason I don't really play on the NA server any more. I had planned to use both about equally: partially to experience both servers, partially to get more character slots.

In my case it's not even that bad because at least the explorers pack and imperial edition items carry over. But missing all the other stuff (and the complete separation of the servers) make my NA characters feel very much like 2nd class citizens.

So now I pretty much only use it for experimental, temporary characters (when I'm not making them on the PTS).

I'm definitely not going to buy everything twice.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont understand this poll.I mean,I pay monthly for the NA server,but can play on the EU server and the PTS. So,I only have to pay for the one and get the others for free,but there is no option for that in your poll.
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I dont understand this poll.I mean,I pay monthly for the NA server,but can play on the EU server and the PTS. So,I only have to pay for the one and get the others for free,but there is no option for that in your poll.

Apparently no one seems to care (or maybe the poll just isn't clear).

The poll is supposed to be for those of us who buy items from the crown store and play on both servers (mainly DLC, but mounts and pets and other things apply too) - we have to buy crown items for both servers individually. Pets, mounts, and the thing that's the most problematic is DLC content. If you buy the DLC on NA, you have to buy it again if you want to play it on EU. If you buy a mount for 2500 crowns on NA you have to buy it again to have it on EU. At 2500 crowns for a mount, it's $50 if you want your black sench mount available to your toons on both servers.

If you pay monthly as an ESO Plus member, then you aren't buying DLC from the crown store and so it doesn't apply to you, but mounts do.

Non-ESO Plus members have to pay for the DLC content on both NA and EU servers and I was wondering what people who are faced with that are doing. Paying double, playing without DLC on one, or simply abandoning one of the servers.

I hope that makes it more clear.

-Aletheion
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players should get their purchases delivered to both servers. I think it's ridiculous that anyone should have to pay twice.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aletheion wrote: »

Apparently no one seems to care (or maybe the poll just isn't clear).

The poll is supposed to be for those of us who buy items from the crown store and play on both servers (mainly DLC, but mounts and pets and other things apply too) - we have to buy crown items for both servers individually. Pets, mounts, and the thing that's the most problematic is DLC content. If you buy the DLC on NA, you have to buy it again if you want to play it on EU. If you buy a mount for 2500 crowns on NA you have to buy it again to have it on EU. At 2500 crowns for a mount, it's $50 if you want your black sench mount available to your toons on both servers.

If you pay monthly as an ESO Plus member, then you aren't buying DLC from the crown store and so it doesn't apply to you, but mounts do.

Non-ESO Plus members have to pay for the DLC content on both NA and EU servers and I was wondering what people who are faced with that are doing. Paying double, playing without DLC on one, or simply abandoning one of the servers.

I hope that makes it more clear.

-Aletheion

I understand this now.I am with you in that I bought all of it,the DLCs and crown store things.I cannot use them on other servers. Now,if I get it wrong this time,please,..dont remind me that no one cares.That's not too nice a thing to say,is it..
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    I understand this now.I am with you in that I bought all of it,the DLCs and crown store things.I cannot use them on other servers. Now,if I get it wrong this time,please,..dont remind me that no one cares.That's not too nice a thing to say,is it..

Thank you for your comment, and yes, you understand it now.

Please know that my "apparently, no one seems to care" comment was not directed at you, but the lack of response to the poll in general. Perhaps more people sub than I was thinking and, as you say, this is not an issue at all for ESO Plus subs, only for non-ESO Plus subs who purchase items in the crown store and play on both servers... which apparently isn't much of an issue. We're clearly in the vast minority and ZOS thinks it's fair to charge non-ESO Plus subs for each server from now on. Sad...

-Aletheion
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the lack of responses here is due to the fact that you said
    If you are not playing both servers, or don't use the crown store, please don't vote.
    Many people, including myself, may have an opinion on this, and may indeed care, but are following the wish expressed in the OP and not getting involved.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think the lack of responses here is due to the fact that you said
    If you are not playing both servers, or don't use the crown store, please don't vote.
    Many people, including myself, may have an opinion on this, and may indeed care, but are following the wish expressed in the OP and not getting involved.

I almost didn't comment because of that.

Then I decided that since this is the only reason I don't play on both servers I should comment. My original plan was to use both the EU and NA servers, but since crown store stuff doesn't carry over I stick to EU.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually surprised AND mildly annoyed that I would have to buy everything twice!

If you don't let me have my items (especially permanent ones like limited mounts and costumes!!!!) on both servers, don't take my crowns from both servers.

I will be going to customer support over this because it's Insane.
    Edited by Islyn on January 23, 2016 8:14AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad that we had to choose, also sad that we cannot transfer the mounts we purchased or the characters.

Having purchasable character slots would be some form of a compromise for me at least.

I abandoned the NA server in July 2014.

RIP all my AD chars
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."