Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

need spell damage boost?

Lord_Ejl
Lord_Ejl
✭✭

Sorc, high elf. currently running with full set of Julianos for crit+, and the spell damage. Toruq's pact for spell damage. My helm is bad, and i'm trying to get molag kena on it for weapon damage. 2 willpower rings for spell damage. all my gear is v16, and couple still v15 since i haven't farmed enough mats for v16. I use 2 1h swords on other slot to gain more damage, and entropy. but still, my spell damage goes only up to 2600 about buffed?

Should i give up on my spell crit bonuses on Julianos for more spell damage, or what should i do to get more spell damage?
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 magnus 2 torugs 1 willpower necklace 2 swords, 2 rings cyrodiils light. you CFalready hit hard. My Templar punc sweeps only hit for 4100 unbuffed at 3201 spell damage.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    Only 1 willpower item, without any set bonuses?

Are rings of cyrodiil light from pvp vendors, or just random drops from pvp rewards? Armor pieces can be bought it seems, but jewelry?
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    craft the armors 1 willpower neck and 2 will power swords gold at V16. cyrodiil light are elite gear vendors pvp.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs have a passive called Expert Mage that boosts your spell damage by 2% for every sorc skill you slot. This includes ultimate, so if you slot 6 sorc skills on your offensive bar you get 12% more spell damage. This might not be game changing, but if you swapped out entropy for power surge that's an extra 2% for starters.
    PC | EU
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    It's just strange that every time i'm talking with someone about my spell damage, they're like. "whaat that low!?!" so i dont know :D I seem to hit ok. Crystal shards do about 17k damage on crit and crit is up on 70%. but granted, i'm still missing one gold sword that gives good damage. and those rings wuold help a bit also.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Ejl wrote: »
    It's just strange that every time i'm talking with someone about my spell damage, they're like. "whaat that low!?!" so i dont know :D I seem to hit ok. Crystal shards do about 17k damage on crit and crit is up on 70%. but granted, i'm still missing one gold sword that gives good damage. and those rings wuold help a bit also.

gold wilopower swords give the highes spell dam boost with 1 jewelery. dont put too much emphasis on spell crit.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    I do have expert mage 2/2 yes. Where's willpower swords to be found? Randomly at IC/vaults?
    Edited by Lord_Ejl on January 23, 2016 10:24PM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2600 buffed is a bit low considering you dual wield. For reference mine is 2988 buffed and I carry destro/resto. 5x kagrenacs, 3 arch mage and 3 willpower with 2x spell damage glyphs, and all 6 slots on my offensive bar are sorc skills for the full 12% buff. All v16 yellow gear.
    PC | EU
  • Lord_Ejl
    Lord_Ejl
    ✭✭
    I tested putting all my sorcs skills on one bar, and got my dual wield spell dam up to 2800+. and since it's meant on single enemies, i can keep it that way. Keep in mind that my other sword is still purple v15. I don't really have material to start changing my v16 armor pieces from julianos. I'll try to hunt those swords, to get it up a bit.
  • tazdevil9359
    tazdevil9359
    ✭✭✭
    5x LoJ, 3x arch mage, 3x willpower, and 2 swords LoJ and 2 Torg pact swords. i have 2991 unbuffed and 3888 buffed. but that is on my templar
    v16 Templar v10 Dragonknight v16 Sorc
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that my other sword is still purple v15. .

There you go. A v16 gold weapon should always be the priority, as you gain so much spell/weapon damage on them.
    Armor can even stay v15 purple as long as you're not aiming for optimization but simply for doing the job, but weapons... always the priority :)
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Until you get kena and full willpower set try and run as many spell damage bonus sets as possible. Julianos is great. 2pc torugs and adroitness both give spell damage. Same with overwhelming surge, syrabane and cyrodiils light although I think syrabane and adroitness only drop at vet 12. Arch Mage gives spell damage on 3 pc. you can use apprentice mundus stone too. Also using power surge over entropy gives you buff and is a sorc ability for the passive. Spell damage isn't everything though. I have all the gear I've been waiting for and I too am underwhelmed with the stats
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5x Julianos (3x light, 1x medium, 1x heavy)
    2x Molag Kena/Nerienths (2x light)
    1x Fire Destro staff (nirnhoned)
    2x Torugs Pact (nirnhoned swords)
    3x Arcane Willpower jewelry + 3x gold spell dmg enchants

With Nerienths Im sitting just above 3.7k spell dmg buffed on my DW bar.
    With Molag Kena Im sitting just below 4.4k spell dmg fully buffed on my DW bar.

This is with the Thief mundus stone so it could be roughly 300 spell dmg higher with the Atronach mundus.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on January 25, 2016 12:30PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer