Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About the Argonians Of Black Marsh

Korah_Eaglecry
Korah_Eaglecry
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
How do you think the Argonians of Black Marsh, the areas yet to be added to the game, feel about the Pact, the Dunmer and the Argonians that chose to fight along side of them?
Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on January 17, 2016 8:04PM
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax

About the Argonians Of Black Marsh 27 votes

They hate the Pact and everything it stands for.
14%
Beowulf_McCallumKorah_EaglecryPeel_Ya_Cap_517BashMegaMoth 4 votes
They could careless as long as the Pact stays out of Black Marsh.
33%
ArrerBoyTheBullhondelinklonewolf26JunkogenimrednecksonLarianaThe_4O4PanWriter 9 votes
They fear the Pact will target the rest of Black Marsh.
11%
EnodocMetamonSnuggleMePlease 3 votes
They have their own problems and would rather deal with that then worry about the Pact
40%
ArobainSeliquegresiacRajajshkaMinalanAetherderiusWalksWithTreesCodeman1976TheRubiksCubecatcher51LoadingBar5 11 votes
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My personal opinion is that the vast majority of Argonians choosing to serve the Pact, or live under its rule have always lived under the heel of the Dunmer. And because of this theyve become quite used to that way of life and fear leaving what they feel is comfortable. They rally to the Dunmers side during the Akaviri War because if they dont, theyll face an unknown.

The Argonians of Grey Mire give an interesting take on the whole Pact situation. They didnt want to rush to the aid of the Dunmer and fight for the Pact. And they were quickly banished from the region. Makes you wonder if the Nords were only interested in freeing the Argonians if it meant the Argonians playing nice with the Pact and providing support. Kind of strips the Nords of any notion of being noble about the whole situation revolving around Slavery. Especially when you run into Khajiit and Breton slaves or happen upon Slavers in Stormhaven. Not that the Dunmer, specifically the Dres, stopped utilizing Argonians as slaves.

Interestingly enough the Argonians of Grey Mire didnt return to Black Marsh itself. Making me wonder if maybe theyd have not been welcome due to their history of servitude. Theyd have been viewed as tainted or no longer of the Argonian People. Hard to say but the safest place for them would have been amongst other Argonians, or at least you would like to think so.

The Dunmer have a long history of kidnapping the Argonians. Its not unimaginable that the Argonians remaining in Black Marsh have come to hate the Dunmer and now the Pact due to its acceptance of the Dunmer and their practices. I hope that with future expansions that we get to see a very darker and distrustful side of Argonians when we finally make it to Black Marsh.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SnuggleMePlease
    SnuggleMePlease
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really know much about the Argonians culturally, as they've never been a race that I find myself particularly interested in. However, judging from the historical context of the situation, I think it is reasonable to predict that the Argonians outside of the Pact may feel as though this is simply a ploy from the Dunmer and the Nords in order to further enslave the Argonians as a race.

The Dunmer have a long tradition of taking Argonian slaves, and Nords--at least from my experience in Skyrim--seem to be a mildly xenophobic people in general. With that said, I also think that there are other Argonians who are more involved in the Pact who may be more trusting of their allies, despite the atrocities of the past.
    hqdefault.jpg

However, this is merely the speculation of an amateur lore nerd, one who has never even played in EP, so I am definitely not a definitive guide as to the inter-relations of the faction itself.

Cheers,
    Snuggle
    "Heavy-bearded Y'ffre, speak through me. Tell us of the time before time. Let the story grow in me. Let my heart echo to the pounding of your feet along the story-lines, the bones of the world. I will walk Your steps, and know Your story."

SnuggleMePlease - NA - AD
    Green Prophet of Bosmeri Pride
    Esmira Oakenwreath
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know only a few Argonian tribes joined the Pact, so personally I would imagine the other tribes are worrying that the Pact will try to coerce them into joining too, so they can expand into the rest of Black Marsh.

Gameplay-wise though, I would imagine it'll come down to They have their own problems and would rather deal with that then worry about the Pact, just like Craglorn and Wrothgar. That way, they will be able to invite members of all alliances to help them out without worrying about their own allegiance.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BashMegaMoth
    BashMegaMoth
    ✭✭
    I've done some in-depth research on the Argonians, just out of personal interest. They were one of the first sentient species to walk Tamriel, even before the Ayleids, and lived alongside Ehlnofey, the ancestors of men and mer. Their lack of bloodlust and urge to conquer are the main reasons they are steamrolled over and over by other, more dominant races. First it were the Ayleids, then came the Chimer and ultimately Dunmer. For about two-thousand years this species has lived under the boot of elves.

Now some treaty called 'The Pact' has emerged. Dunmer were losing grip on Black Marsh due to uprising Argonians, and now the lizardfolk is forced to join a war they have no interest in. In addition, the Dunmer can have an iron grip on Black Marsh again, since all roads are open between the provinces of the three races.

No, I don't think Argonians enjoy the Pact, at all. They are docile, isolated people, minding their own business and beliefs. They gain nothing from the Pact.
    "Every insult and every slight must be repayed in kind.''
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have their own problems and would rather deal with that then worry about the Pact
    I've done some in-depth research on the Argonians, just out of personal interest. They were one of the first sentient species to walk Tamriel, even before the Ayleids, and lived alongside Ehlnofey, the ancestors of men and mer. Their lack of bloodlust and urge to conquer are the main reasons they are steamrolled over and over by other, more dominant races. First it were the Ayleids, then came the Chimer and ultimately Dunmer. For about two-thousand years this species has lived under the boot of elves.

Now some treaty called 'The Pact' has emerged. Dunmer were losing grip on Black Marsh due to uprising Argonians, and now the lizardfolk is forced to join a war they have no interest in. In addition, the Dunmer can have an iron grip on Black Marsh again, since all roads are open between the provinces of the three races.

No, I don't think Argonians enjoy the Pact, at all. They are docile, isolated people, minding their own business and beliefs. They gain nothing from the Pact.

Except for one thing: The majority of Dunmer no longer take Argonian Slaves. That is a side effect of the Pact.

Other than that, you are right. The Pact offers the Argonians nothing else. The majority of Argonians who live in Black Marsh are unaffected by most of the goings-on of Tamriel, due to the fact that nothing and no one wants to venture past the bordering areas of Black Marsh. Its simply dangerous, and unpleasant for most. There has never been a successful occupation/invasion of Black Marsh. Even the Daedra could not take it over!

I'd imagine that the majority of Argonians really could care less about the Pact, Dominion, or Covenant. Why should they?
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    They could careless as long as the Pact stays out of Black Marsh.
    I think it was made out of necessity from the Akavir invasion. They have a tendency of not caring what it put in their way and plowing through it. Now that the threat is over, it seems to be more out of convenience than anything else. At least if they are allied with the Pact, they don't have to worry about the Dunmer as much, and just focus on their other neighbors.