The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon quests dissapearing when friend enters?

Amidumaru
Amidumaru
Soul Shriven
Grinded to level 47 and was going to do a 4 man party to get quests in dungeons done. I was the party leader and the quest was available to pick up. I invited my lvl 47 grinding buddy and my 2 level 48 friends. When the lvl 48 people entered the quest was no longer available. We tried rezoning and reforming the party. We tried relogging.

We did fungal grotto quest fine, but the spider place and the other place both had no quest to start.

So...what gives?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird and could be a bug. Or it could be someone else picked up the quest - if a party member picks up the quest in a group instance you'll get a " <blah blah blah> event is starting that will grant you <blah blah> quest. Accept?" popup. If you decline, you'll still be able to pick up the quest like usual(which is what I usually do because I actually wanna read all that NPC dialogue by myself), if you accept, the quest will automatically be added to your journal without you actually talking to the quest giver. You may want to check your quest journal - are you absolutely sure that wasn't the case here?

If you don't have the quest in the journal AND the quest giver isn't offering it, well. Sounds like a bug, /bug it and hope it fixes itself eventually because ZOS probably won't bother.