The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Stopped Working on Game Close

Galanaar
Galanaar
Soul Shriven
When I exit the game from the character screen, I'm getting an error message stating that it stopped working for an unknown reason. I'm not running any plugins, and I repaired the installation. Windows 10.

Any idea what may be causing it?
"I've been hunting and fishing in these parts for years."
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea, you stopped running the game (quit) :trollface:

No idea whats causing this, but does it impair functionality? Or is it just a question as to why you get the alert?
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Galanaar
    Galanaar
    Soul Shriven
    It's an error message before the game finishes closing. The game is supposed to close when exited, not give me a Windows error message about the game suddenly stopping.
    Options
  • Galanaar
    Galanaar
    Soul Shriven
    Whoever was causing it stopped causing it after posting this here. I suspect it's related to the malware/hack put on my system. There are some nasty, nosy, and dangerous people in cyberspace. Of course, most consider that to be paranoia, rather than a reality, because the reality is too scary for them to handle. But, anyway, posting it here answered my question as to why it is happening.
    Options