The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Templar Unplayable Due to Skill Freeze

Florial
Florial
✭✭✭
Hi folks,

I'm having a rather game breaking issue with only one of my characters....my Templar-magic based (NA PC). I'm having a problem of freezing up for 15-20 seconds very frequently, almost every five minutes or so, sometimes more frequently. If it makes any difference, I use light and heavy attacks with my restoration staff along with my normal skills. I fire something off and then I'm out of commission for 15-20 seconds. I can move so basically I just run around and try to hide while things are beating on me. Hopefully when my skills come back after their 15-20 second delay, I heal myself and proceed until it happens again. I can't block, I can't use a potion, I can't roll....nada. The only thing I can do is move. I've read about this problem before with some suggestions. The escape key doesn't work, changing to windowed mode doesn't work, opening my inventory doesn't work. Really nothing works until the 15-20 seconds passes and everything unlocks. Then it happens again and again. I've tried restarting the game multiple times....nothing. The problem seems repeatable and gaming breakingly frequent. Yesterday died numerous times. Each encounter I wondered if my skills were going to work. This has just occurred recently (perhaps over the last month---don't exactly know since I've mostly have been playing my nightblade).

I did put in a bug report (two times, finally got a response this morning). Unfortunately the solution was geared towards Xbox. I play on a PC. They recommended that I delete some files. All my router ports are enabled per their advice. Additionally, this doesn't happen with my nightblade. I've never had a skill freeze up on my nightblade or really serious lag. I also use heavy attacks with my NB. Absolutely no issue at all. Our internet connection is fine. Just my darned Templar seems to suffer from this mysterious skill lag. For the Xbox, I received this advice:

Delete the save data on the Xbox One:
1.From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
2.Go to Games.
3.Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
4.Select Manage Game.
5.Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
6.Select Delete.

Is anyone able to help me? I've put in a response to my ticket but if any out there reading this has experienced this issue, would love to hear any advice. My husband thinks that part of my files are corrupted? Not sure if I can delete a specific character file. Really enjoy the game and so far for me, things have luckily been pretty bug free. Or is this a game issue that is popping up for other players. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do people on consoles reloadui?

I regularly have stuck animations on my templar, though I haven't played her in a month or so. Happened all the time previously with one DK ultimate too. I've never had an animation get stuck on a NB or Sorc.
  • Florial
    Florial
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    How do people on consoles reloadui?

I regularly have stuck animations on my templar, though I haven't played her in a month or so. Happened all the time previously with one DK ultimate too. I've never had an animation get stuck on a NB or Sorc.

Interesting. I read about DKs as well getting glitched. Can't remember the thread but some person was tanking a dungeon and couldn't do a thing.

My animations don't get stuck like I've read in a few other threads. For example, a heavy attack doesn't keep firing off. My skills simply stop working as well as blocking, dodging, etc. I'm just a sitting duck getting wacked upon and all I can do is keep moving around until things become unstuck. Very perplexing. I wonder if certain skills are just bugged or if the problem is on my end. Hopefully I hear back from tech support and if I do (and it fixes the problem), will post the solution here.

• Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Florial wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm having a rather game breaking issue with only one of my characters....my Templar-magic based (NA PC). I'm having a problem of freezing up for 15-20 seconds very frequently, almost every five minutes or so, sometimes more frequently. If it makes any difference, I use light and heavy attacks with my restoration staff along with my normal skills. I fire something off and then I'm out of commission for 15-20 seconds. I can move so basically I just run around and try to hide while things are beating on me. Hopefully when my skills come back after their 15-20 second delay, I heal myself and proceed until it happens again. I can't block, I can't use a potion, I can't roll....nada. The only thing I can do is move. I've read about this problem before with some suggestions. The escape key doesn't work, changing to windowed mode doesn't work, opening my inventory doesn't work. Really nothing works until the 15-20 seconds passes and everything unlocks. Then it happens again and again. I've tried restarting the game multiple times....nothing. The problem seems repeatable and gaming breakingly frequent. Yesterday died numerous times. Each encounter I wondered if my skills were going to work. This has just occurred recently (perhaps over the last month---don't exactly know since I've mostly have been playing my nightblade).

I did put in a bug report (two times, finally got a response this morning). Unfortunately the solution was geared towards Xbox. I play on a PC. They recommended that I delete some files. All my router ports are enabled per their advice. Additionally, this doesn't happen with my nightblade. I've never had a skill freeze up on my nightblade or really serious lag. I also use heavy attacks with my NB. Absolutely no issue at all. Our internet connection is fine. Just my darned Templar seems to suffer from this mysterious skill lag. For the Xbox, I received this advice:

Delete the save data on the Xbox One:
    1.From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2.Go to Games.
    3.Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4.Select Manage Game.
    5.Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    6.Select Delete.

Is anyone able to help me? I've put in a response to my ticket but if any out there reading this has experienced this issue, would love to hear any advice. My husband thinks that part of my files are corrupted? Not sure if I can delete a specific character file. Really enjoy the game and so far for me, things have luckily been pretty bug free. Or is this a game issue that is popping up for other players. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Get ready for all the nbs and sorcs saying l2p its ok tho it means look to patch. ;)
  • Florial
    Florial
    ✭✭✭
    Just a follow up for anyone else going through this problem. Technical support provided me with a pretty detailed follow through helping me to pinpoint my problem. Seems that my Templar explosive charge is the main culprit. I took this little skill off my toolbar. Also /reloadui at the first sign of problems.

Last night was able to get through most of my play session with just a few problems. Yeah!
  • Zoraiya
    Zoraiya
    Soul Shriven
    Florial wrote: »
    Just a follow up for anyone else going through this problem. Technical support provided me with a pretty detailed follow through helping me to pinpoint my problem. Seems that my Templar explosive charge is the main culprit. I took this little skill off my toolbar. Also /reloadui at the first sign of problems.

Last night was able to get through most of my play session with just a few problems. Yeah!

I have been going absolutely CRAZY trying to figure out what is causing this. THANK YOU for posting a follow up! I have been dealing with this bug now on my Templar for the past week... ever since I put Explosive Charge on my bar. >_< Love that skill, but if that is in fact causing the issue...

I'll remove it and see what happens. Thanks again for updating us!