The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the deal with the disconnects?

Vagenius
Vagenius
✭✭
Seriously what is the deal? I am getting dc'd back to login screen so often. I'm pretty sure over the past few days I've spent as much time logging in as I have playing. There is no certain thing I'm doing when it happens either just random places while questing, crafting, depositing stuff in my bank. I just can't understand what the deal is, it doesn't happen on any other game me and my husband play and he plays a lot of multiplayer. This is the only game we are getting constant disconnects, both of us.

It's not just xbone either, the same thing happens on my pc version of eso as well. I actually quit on my pc because of the disconnects and decided to just play on console, no better.

It's not my internet either, I have 100mbps and my NAT is open on both xboxes. Plus it doesn't happen on any other xbone game nor does it happen on any other mmo I play on my pc. It's most definitely a problem with ESO and I'd love to know if there is an awareness and any fixing coming soon. If not then idk there's no reason to play and definitely no reason to pay a plus sub.

It would be nice to hear some news about it, or at least know zos is aware of the problem.
  • Dudegeridoo
    Dudegeridoo
    ✭✭
    I'm in the same situation, random disconnects.

EDIT: Ups, I didn't see the subforum. In my case is on the PC version.
    Edited by Dudegeridoo on January 18, 2016 10:22AM
  • Angel1ne
    Angel1ne
    Me too on ps4. I get a blue screen then.
    Ps4 EU server AD VR 15
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Yep last 3 days xb1 eu for me then says I have no internet connection I press Aand it says I don't have multiplayer permission and I need Xbox live gold. Only way for me to fix it is to sign out of my profile at title screen and press A so it prompts me to sign into a profile. Until 10 mins later when it happens again.

Suss thing is only happens to me when I'm fighting AD lol
  • Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    I just really hope maintenance fixes this problem. It's become painful to play the game. I get dc'd every 15-30 minutes and sometimes only 5 minutes after logging in. I had a long play session yesterday and I got dc'd 20+ times throughout.

The worst time is when it dc's me during a solo quest and I have to start over when I log back in. It is definitely an issue that needs some attention.
  • T5dogz
    T5dogz
    still the same today so updates did not work on the 19 my friend (crashnl) just freezes his xbox every time he loads eso
  • T5dogz
    T5dogz
    so im off was a good game
  • T5dogz
    T5dogz
    oh just a qwick reply the in game chat keeps coming on even though no head set is connected every 5 mins or so
  • Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    I have not seen any improvement either, still dc just about every 20 or 30 minutes into playing. It's really kind of just ruining it for me. My husband and I did eso plus but if it's still going on come time for renewal I doubt we will.

What a shame, I like the game but it's incredibly difficult to get things done. When we start wanting to do dungeons and raids with friends I'm affraid we wouldn't be able too.

I can't play on pc version either cause it dc's constantly as well. Kind of feel I wasted a lot of money at this point, imperial editions, eso plus and the game is only playable half the time I play it.

• MalicXeldar
    MalicXeldar
    ✭✭
    I just noticed it happening to me. I just got to Coldharbour and I got bombed with constant disconnects. sometimes I get dc'd every 30 minutes but I had one happen and it didn't dc me for 2 hours.
  • Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    Ya it would be nice if we could hear something about why it's happening or that it's even being looked into. After another day of disconnects my husband just doesn't even want to play anymore. I'm getting to that point, glad I didn't do the 6 month sub. I can sub for a game that actually works instead.

I love the game so much too, very disappointing. I have played quite a few hours today and been dc'd again 20+ times. I'm dc'd usually at around 20-30 minutes in. Like I've said, my nat is open and my internet connection is solid, hard lined, no wireless. Does it on the pc eso as well and not one other game I play. I think their servers are sh!t.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    This may sound stupid, but try looking into before you give up that your IP addresses are static. I have read that this could be a cause for dissconnections, but I do not know anything about this or how to adjust this setting from within your internet equipment. I recommend researching this idea as well as contacting support before giving up.
  • Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    I have already done that dragon, that's the NAT stuff I had mentioned before. I just did the update for xbone so maybe it will be good news.

I'm really not sure why it's happening but it is and we have a few friends that play with us, one lives very far away and it happens to him as well as our other friend. We all have different internet providers, all have open NAT and this is the only game it happens with (they play tons of multiplayer together and don't experience it.)

I'm not positive but I think it's a problem with their server. I'm kind of wondering if they didn't anticipate the amount of players and need to expand space. I don't know I'm no expert at any of that, just a thought. Hopefully it can be addressed and fixed.

• Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    Well still constant dc's for my husband and I. Going to reset the router AGAIN today and redo all the networking AGAIN. I doubt it will fix anything since I get dc'd from the pc version constantly as well. Really am pretty sure it's nothing on our end since it's happening to others and friends as well.

It would be nice to get some feedback from CS, doesn't seem to be happening to just a few people.
  • Vagenius
    Vagenius
    ✭✭
    I decided to cancel my sub last month. After a lot of going back and forth with tech support they were unable to fix my issues.They gave me advice, none of it worked and my isp has come out checked my connections, done troubleshooting and the tech could only confirm that the problem is not with me. Oh well hopefully others have not run into this situation and maybe when or if ESO decides to address the problem and fix it then I'll resub, I do enjoy the game.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    My brother cannot load his vet 1 character due to server connection failures.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.