The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting and provisioning

veerlen
veerlen
How important is crafting?
And how works it with a guild I can buy but how can I sell stuff?
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how much importance you place on crafting your own gear. You also get some good passives for consumables (provisioning / alchemy).

To me, crafting it a very important part of the game, but that's just how I enjoy playing.

When you join a guild, you can buy & sell through the guild store, located in banks & if they have a guild trader. If you're not a guild member, you can only buy via guild traders.

Hope that helps! :smile:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    It's not important for a new player to get into crafting. If you join a guild, you will likely find people to make you whatever you want, and usually for free (or for the materials needed for more expensive stuff).

In general, being a max crafter will save you a lot of gold for a couple of reasons:
    1. You can make your own armor, and so you will not have to pay somebody to make it for you (although good guilds will usually have members that craft for free)
    2. You can get expensive improvement materials from crafting writs
    3. You can get expensive improvement materials from hirelings
    4. You can get expensive improvement materials by refining raw materials with skill points invested in the deconstruction skills
    5. You can find higher level (and therefor more expensive) raw material in Wrothgar
    6. By picking up connoisseur and gourmand (in Provisioning) your food will last longer, so you won't need to buy so much of it

Besides saving and making gold, the only crafting buff that actually affects your combat abilities is "Medicinal Use" from the alchemy skill line. This one actually increases the duration of buffs applied to you by potions.
    Edited by HebrewHatchet on January 21, 2016 1:06PM
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet