The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

XP Question - Clothier/Blacksmithing/Woodworking

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Okay I always have these questions that probably nobody ever thinks about but...

What type of loot gives the most XP when deconstructing?

• Let's start with a base level of 30 for the 3 crafting skills and zero points in any of the crafting passives.
  • VR 16
  • Inspiration Boost CP Passive
Now here's the first question, what is the factor that gives the most XP? Is it:
  1. Level of item
  2. Quality of item
  3. Type of item (Big pieces - Chest/Legs/Head vs. Small pieces - Shoulders/Hands/Feet/Sash vs. Weapons)
  4. Gold value of item
Is it just one or multiple factors?

What if I deconstruct items that have a level value lower than me (VR 16) but my proficiency level in crafting is lower than that level?
  • I am VR 16. I deconstruct a VR 14 item (Proficiency 9), but I have 1/10 in the passive.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a resident number cruncher around here (Speakus I think) that has some spreadsheets that get you the nitty gritty.

If you decon stuff you are way underleveled for, you don't get as much Inspiration (crafting experience) as if you are close to the item level. But it's not so low that it really matters if your deconning mob loot. This matters more so if your making stuff on one alt to decon on another and want to be efficient with materials. Also, if you decon items that you are over leveled for, you get pretty much the same inspiration that you would if you are on level. There might be a drop off as you over level an item by a bunch, but I don't think its much of a drop. Its' just at higher crafting levels takes more inspiration to gain a level so the bar moves less deconning lower level stuff.

So, in order of what has the most effect on Inspiration from Decon:

1. Item Level
    2. Intricate Trait (280% boost intricates are rare drops and expensive in the guild stores so these are really gravy not something to focus on)
    3. Improvement (although you decon improved items for the tempers more so than Inspiration)

The material passive just determines what you can make, not what you can decon. However you do want the Extraction Passives as you get more mats from the decon, and refining, along with more tempers from refining and better chance to get them back from improved items.

So, you want the most from decon, decon the highest level you can get your hands on, and have the extraction passives. One caveat, don't decon VR15/16 items on a low level character as you won't get any mats back and you want the mats, its' the best source for them. Use VR14 or lower items on low level characters.

Edited by Nestor on January 19, 2016 11:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-patch-v2-2-8-orsinium-dlc

There are too many variables on loot decon that I can't see a way to make a 100% equation to IP per loot item/improvement/enchantment/value. It's just too hard to get enough samples of exactly the same loot drops.

But with that, base level loot is comparable at every level to crafted-decon IP whenever I have tried to map it out. Every addition to the base of course adds IP. In the same way that even zero value loot receives more IP return if boosted to green.

If we get PTS soon with NA copy, I'll get around to running my Crafted charts with Boosted and Enchanted values and see if there are any hard numbers for each, at least in that controlled setting.
    Edited by SpAEkus on January 20, 2016 5:08AM
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intricates are interesting, because they can actually offer MORE than 280% inspiration. As an intricate changes colors from White through Gold, it also increases the amount of the percentage increase of said inspiration.

Therefore, a White intricate yields a 280% increase, a Green intricate yields a 285% increase, a Blue yields a 290% increase, a Purple will yield a 295% increase, and by extrapolation as I have not personally seen it, a Gold should yield a 300% inspiration exp bonus.

I'm doing quite well selling green intricates these days, but am still testing the waters to see if people will pay the bigger premium for Blue intricates.