The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Dangerous Past not triggering

RockSolidWiff
RockSolidWiff
✭✭
Completed Anchors from the Harbor but I cannot get the next fighters guild quest to trigger. I don't have it and have run all over to see if it spawns a person to start the quest.
Note: I am vet level but did not do the fighters guild quest line when I played through content a very long time ago. Went back and did the first fighters guild quest, looking to finish the quest line so I have access to the armorer in Bangkorai
I picked up the sword and raced into battle, died.
I again, raced into battle wielding the sword, died.
Once again, died.
It was only then that I considered maybe the pointed end should face out.
- Why mages should not wield swords
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you reached Fighters Guild Rank 2? Each Guild quest requires that you have reached the next rank in order to unlock it. (So Rank 2 for Quest 2, up to Rank 5 for Quest 5.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just continue to rank up fighters guild, you don't just need to kill Daedra at anchors, undead also count. ( I am aware that you are VET level, but I am mentioning it so that others who are not and might have similar issues know )

Then just stand outside a Fighters Guild, guild hall.

A random npc will initiate a conversation with you to trigger the next one and also tell you where it is you need to go to talk to the person. ( sometimes this instance does not happen but a simple teleport or relog will fix it ).

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • RockSolidWiff
    RockSolidWiff
    ✭✭
    Thanks, you are correct since I just picked up the Fighters Guild quest line, I am barely into level 1.

Lesson here is pick up the quest line even if you don't run the quests, that way killing Daedra and undead will count.

I picked up the sword and raced into battle, died.
    I again, raced into battle wielding the sword, died.
    Once again, died.
    It was only then that I considered maybe the pointed end should face out.
    - Why mages should not wield swords