Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP player needing to do PvE...

Vynist
Vynist
✭✭✭
I pretty much only PvP, and that is what I enjoy doing and what I want to continue doing.

But after doing some research, I see that the Undaunted passives are extremely important, and I want to get Undaunted rank 9 on my magicka DK.

However, I am playing a vampire heavy armor magicka DK, and I don't know much about tanking, or PvE dungeons, and vamp fire damage in Pve, and blah blah blah, I don't know much.

1.) Should I cure vampire just to do Undaunted pledges?
2.) Should I try to tank even though I don't have much experience?
3.) Should I just stick to DPS and try not to tank?

Any info/tips will help!

Here's probably a dumb question:
4.) Is there any other possible way to level Undaunted?

:)

Anyways, thanks for your time.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only way dungeons you need to join the undaunted at the first group dungeon you meet the recruiter he will give you the low down on joining and if you get with three others from PVP group you should be able to run these easy . Just play like normal for your guy and you will probably clean up
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably already have fire resistant equipment or jewelry from pvp so run like normal .
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing to do is join a guild and find some buddies to run daily undaunted pledges with. It takes a while to level up to undaunted 9.
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey mate, yeah i suggest you get the passives the 6% is a lot of stats to miss out on

Few tips:

There are a few small ways to gain a few extra undaunted points but it's mainly pledges, the other ways are the achievements in Dungeon section;
    -speed runs(first time per dungeon)
    -hard mode/gold key(first time per dungeon)
    -kill x amount of mods in x dungeon
    - the this ones on is achievement(buy undaunted guy a drink in each town) I advice you use as add on such as destinations to show you where they all
    Are as some are not in the local pub

Honestly if you stick to the more simple pledges (avoid WGT/ICP and possibly CoA) you will have no real problems with being a vamp,

My advice is try tanking see how it suits you if you dislike it go DPS, if your in a helpful guild I suggest finding a regular group to run with passes the time better if your with friends and I know that if you find a decent set of friends to run with who are used to PvE and the DPS is good then one guy can make up for your lack of experience and possibly DPS at the start, until you start to learn the mechanics and how better to DPS on your char

and if you pug it let be group know your new to it some will be a little "elitist"(if you can ever call a pug that) and kick you from the group but a lot will Be more than happy to help you out and teach you,

Good luck on your quest to undaunted 9!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanking Dos:
    • You: Health 30k-ish, high phys and magicka resist, runs S&B on at least one bar (for taunt), as self-sustaining as possible in magicka and stamina
    • Mobs: CC them, stop them, slow them down, pack them into a smaller area so they can be AOE'd down, debuff them, taunt and occupy any more dangerous NPCs
    • Bosses: Taunt (you need both, but you'll have to do a few dungeons to get the 2nd), turn away from other group members when possible, debuff, keep taunted by mentally counting or using add-ons.

Tanking Don'ts:
    • Taunt once and forget it
    • Stand there doing nothing while DPS fights mobs
    • Be messing with the mobs and ignoring the boss in a fight
    • Let your healer die

Regular dungeons don't really require a tank although it's helpful. They are easier and the mechanics are simpler. I'd start with those.

Vet dungeons can be difficult at first, but the mobs are stupid and the bosses predictable. If you run with a player who knows the mechanics the first time, you might die a few times but you should be able to finish anything but the hardest dungeons without needing to respec or regear. Magicka DKs make great tanks.
  • Shaggygaming
    Shaggygaming
    ✭✭✭
    Vynist wrote: »
    I pretty much only PvP, and that is what I enjoy doing and what I want to continue doing.

But after doing some research, I see that the Undaunted passives are extremely important, and I want to get Undaunted rank 9 on my magicka DK.

However, I am playing a vampire heavy armor magicka DK, and I don't know much about tanking, or PvE dungeons, and vamp fire damage in Pve, and blah blah blah, I don't know much.

1.) Should I cure vampire just to do Undaunted pledges?
    2.) Should I try to tank even though I don't have much experience?
    3.) Should I just stick to DPS and try not to tank?

Any info/tips will help!

Here's probably a dumb question:
    4.) Is there any other possible way to level Undaunted?

:)

Anyways, thanks for your time.

If you already provided more information then I missed it in the thread, but why do you feel the need to tank? Is it because you're wearing heavy armor?

It really depends on your character stat attributes. If you have the majority in magic then I suggest finding a cheap set to DPS. Since the majority of players use crafted sets you can find dropped sets very cheap that have good bonuses up to 4PC. You could use 4PC Shieldbreaker / 3PC Some other dropped magicka set then use a crafted Nirn or any Sharpened staff. This setup would be more then enough to get your foot in the door with dungeons.

Edited by Shaggygaming on January 14, 2016 1:46PM
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    If you are xb1 eu server I'll happily run the pledges with you. I'm a healer. In dc tho also.