The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Help: I bought crowns for the wrong xbox live account

FancyTuna8
FancyTuna8
✭✭✭
Can someone help me on this? I don't want a refund, but back when crowns were on sale around the holidays, I bought 5500. I bought them for the wrong account, and I need to get them to the account I intended. How do I do this? Is there a method for mailing crowns to another player/account in-game? I would be nervous about mailing them wrong, but it seems like a quick fix. If I can't do that, can ZOS help me to get the purchase in the right account? I don't want to pursue a refund, because I wanted those crowns to purchase Orsinium and probably the next DLC. Maybe a cosmetic outfit like the noble's one.

As a secondary question, when you buy an outfit, is it account-wide? Server-wide? I can't imagine it is just for one character. What about vanity pets and mounts--are they account/server/single-character purchases?
Thanks for any help.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transferring crowns: You'll need to contact Support. There is no way for you to send them yourself.

Crown store purchases: Everything you buy through the crown store is server-wide. It can be used by all characters on your account and on that server.

The sort-of exception is the consumables, including the crafting motifs. These can be transferred to any character on your account, but can only be used once each.

So for example if you buy the Covenant motif pack you can give one character the Breton motif, one the redguard motif and one the orc motif, but the style would only be unlocked on that 1 character. Similarly you could buy a pack of experience scrolls and use 1 on each character, but each one can only be used once.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he might be asking, if I have eight characters to AccountA on ServerA, and three characters on AcountB on ServerA, I buy the Crown Store item on AccounA can I give it to a charcter on AccountB?

Also I am asking:
    How would you transfer the item from AccountA to AccountB?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know there is no way to link accounts. Even if they're on the same IP address they're completely separate, so it didn't occur to me that anyone would expect 1 purchase to apply to all their accounts.

But I know a lot of people have been caught out by items advertised as 'account wide' which are only available to characters on 1 server instead of both. I thought that's what the OP was asking about.

And as I said you can't transfer them (either crowns or crown store items). If you bought something on the wrong account you'll have to ask Support if they can help.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"