Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alchemy question -

aquiella
aquiella
✭✭✭
I have looked at the crafting hub and chart regarding combining Dragonthorn and Stinkhorn to make lower armor debuff; however, it keeps failing and it does the same for several others. Has anyone else run into similar problems with some reagents failing when they aren't supposed to and finally resolved it? Right now my Alchemy is lvl 18 and I'm trying to build it up on my High Elf.

I've looked on Tamrial Foundry and elderscrollsguides (they have a chart).

---
Found out that there may be a bug in Wrothgar when doing alchemy. Please see my response below as this is resolved.
Edited by aquiella on January 12, 2016 12:37AM
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combining Dragonthorn and Stinkhorn should create a potion of Major Brutality buff + Reduce your Armor debuff. What do you mean by "it keeps failing"?
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    When I combine them it has a red glow around the text box to signify it fails. I have used every type of water with it and still fails. I'm thinking it is a bug.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That shouldn't be happening. Either you've encountered some sort of rare bug or you're combining the wrong reagents. Are you on Console or PC? Have you tried doing this with another character?
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One. Nope. Dragonthorn and Stinkhorn should yield the debuff unless my water is not right, but I will try again. I'm following the guides that are online and I know I've done research. I've tried putting them in a specific order. It does it for at leave four different reagents. I think it is a bug.

Appreciate you responding back! Thank you :)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless i'm wrong, water just defines the level (strength) of the potion. The ingrediants define what it does / sucess. Common traits make the potion. You're not adding a 3rd flower are you (4th item) with a negative trait?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    No I'm just adding the level of strength (water), stinkhorn, and dragonthorn. I haven't had a chance to test on another character or outside wrothgar. I wonder if the new DLC is the problem. I'm going to test this out to, but the new DLC is so addicting.
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    So I went to Grahtwood to test out a theory and it worked! It appears there may be a bug (at least for me) in Wrothgar, so I'm going to finish my alchemy in Grahtwood to complete my achievement!

Thank you!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also addicted to Wrothgar, id just unlocked Cadwells Silver / craglorn but haven't touched it, trying to max wrothgar out before I cancel ESO plus first!

I'll test alchemy in Wrothgar too and report back. Glad you got sorted
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders