The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FIx BWB

Hootnannius
Hootnannius
✭✭
I want the old Blackwater Bay - pre IC - back when it was pop-locked 24/7 almost. Now it's deserted much of the time. I used to be able to create an alt, and level it up from 10 to 50 in a few days playing in guild groups. But now there are no guilds running in Blackwater :(

You had one server with almost 0 lag, that way very popular and you broke it. Bring it back!!! Please.

And the way you broke it, in case it's not clear was with the battle spirit changes that reduced damage by 50 % which makes it impossible to kill people.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I currently play rarely on bwb because:
    1. You can kill unexperienced / badly geared players very fast now and I don't want to discourage them when they are experiencing pvp for the first time.
    2. You can finally play in normal campaigns and be more than just a punching bag.

But it's definitely not impossible to kill people on bwb.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on December 10, 2015 6:10AM
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The noob campaign is not going to be ever fixed. Let's face it, that it was playable and fun, more so than vet campaigns, was a fluke. They gave little thought to it while designing it and exactly zero afterwards. Battle spirit and battle levelling are no longer tools to balance PvP, let alone even out odds; these are tools to sell DLC to as many players as possible at cost of throwing the noob campaign into disarray and creating hitherto unseen power gap between players. Game over, the business model has won.

PS: that CPs catchup mechanics is also a marvel, it basically makes meta of going out of BWB, where CPs can be earned, and outgrinding players who stay in BWB and get none even more appealing, especially in light of changes to battle levelling that amplify impact of CPs.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is. Watch ESO live episodes or read the forums a little more.

BWB will be a non CP campaign. As for the battle levelling system, get used to it.
    PC EU
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they replace VRs with CPs, the noob campaign has to be non CPs.

Anyway, as for ESO Live, they can talk all they like. But then, when I log into the game, BWB not only sucks, but increasingly more.
  • JOE_WILLIE
    BWB for NA PC is not the best but has periods of amazing PVP, just got to know when/where the action is. Yesterday there was 3 different emperors crowned in 1 day! I think BWB is the best and most balanced campaign(non-vet).
    The only unbalance right now in blackwater is that some players have massive amounts of CP which is a huge advantage.

Although once I have a veteran alt I would clearly take advantage of that also. :wink:
    PC - NA - AD

Magicka Sorcerer
    Magicka Templar
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not excessively high damage, this screenshot depicts Blackwater Blade perfectly right now

f4zkSq0.jpg
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JOE_WILLIE wrote: »
    BWB for NA PC is not the best but has periods of amazing PVP, just got to know when/where the action is. Yesterday there was 3 different emperors crowned in 1 day! I think BWB is the best and most balanced campaign(non-vet).
    The only unbalance right now in blackwater is that some players have massive amounts of CP which is a huge advantage.

Although once I have a veteran alt I would clearly take advantage of that also. :wink:

I wouldn't exactly call 3 different emperors being crowned in 1 day something good. Emperorships used to be somewhat rare and special in BwB.

Honestly just another indicator it's just as unstable as any vet campaign right now. But what else can you expect when people do crazy high damage and NPCs roll over the moment someone sneezes on them...
    Edited by Valencer on December 10, 2015 3:15PM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    While not excessively high damage, this screenshot depicts Blackwater Blade perfectly right now

f4zkSq0.jpg

thats a joke. 3k uppercut. my light attack does more damage^^
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO PvP is dead. You should move onto a new game
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Mjollo on December 11, 2015 2:42AM
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »

That thread you linked is cancer. I'm less of a person having read it
    Edited by Catblade on December 11, 2015 6:29AM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is. Watch ESO live episodes or read the forums a little more.

BWB will be a non CP campaign. As for the battle levelling system, get used to it.

Did they say anything about a veteran campaign with these rules if not @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider it.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    thats a joke. 3k uppercut. my light attack does more damage^^
    Heh yea it is. I think that was taken pre-orsinium, so the damage was super low. Still annoying nonetheless - like a mosquito on steroids.
  • talabrina
    talabrina
    ✭✭✭
    Did they say anything about a veteran campaign with these rules if not @ZOS_BrianWheeler please consider it.

They will put BwB non CP and also a Vet Campaign without CP.
    It was on the last Eso Live. ^^
    < Wipe is NOT an Option >
    < Blackswords >

PC / EU
    EP | Syntlara | Nord Magicka Templar | Heal | VR16
    EP | Deadly Barbie | Breton Magicka Templar | Heal | VR16
    DC | Vicious Ken | Altmer Magicka Templar | Heal | VR 16

I do love to heal !
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    talabrina wrote: »

They will put BwB non CP and also a Vet Campaign without CP.
    It was on the last Eso Live. ^^

o:)
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    bwb is better than ever, but be nice to the low lvl new players to keep up the interest ;p

and try not to zerg coz its boring *
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on. Suppose you performed a dark ritual and summoned Brian Wheeler to grant you one wish. Would you a) ask him to stop people from zerging in current better than ever BWB or b) ask him to reload 1.5, BWB as it was one year ago? Remember...
    Edited by JamilaRaj on December 14, 2015 5:27PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Come on. Suppose you performed a dark ritual and summoned Brian Wheeler to grant you one wish. Would you a) ask him to stop people from zerging in current better than ever BWB or b) ask him to reload 1.5, BWB as it was one year ago? Remember...

ye 1.5 was amazing fun, but the new scaling is quite nice compared to what happened since

• Trikki
    Trikki
    ✭✭✭
    I played BWB again for the first time a while yesterday and I really enjoyed it, the banter from AD (NA) was fun and good humoured even when the both blue and red came to get back their scrolls. There was a couple of trolls, but there's always trolls.

Looks in good shape to me except for the obvious stamina vs magicka balance issues. Just wish it was more populated in Oceanic times when we play prime.