The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Deconstructing and the deconstructing passives

HebrewHatchet
HebrewHatchet
✭✭✭
Consider the following 2 setups:

Clothing 50:
Tailoring: 10/10
Unraveling: 3/3

Clothing 50:
Tailoring: 10/10
Unraveling: 0/3

If I deconstruct a white level V16 (Ancestor Silk) robe with both of these setups, should I expect to get the same amount of ancestor silk back?

[PS4 NA]
PSN: HebrewHatchet

Best Answer

• PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The decon passives improve your chance to receive more from each Decon... The core material, the Style Mat, one of the improvement mats, the trait stone..... More points in the passive = higher chance to receive all four.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, u get 1 always, except crafted and intricate where u get more.
    Options
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, I shouldn't have asked about V16. I'm trying to get this answered in general. What if I deconstructed a white V14 item? Could I expect to get the same results in those 2 scenarios?
    [PS4 NA]
    Options
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    In that case as far as i know u will get more with max unraveling.
    Options
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    My confusion is that the tooltip reads as though any of the deconstructing passives only help extract improvement materials from deconstructing gear (which is not an issue with white gear).
    [PS4 NA]
    Options