The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Orc for DK Tank?

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been itching to make a DK and an orc lately, so how well do they work together? Looking at their racials they don't seem like a half bad race, although I don't know how well they compared to, say, an Imperial. Anyone have a word of advice on this?
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    im making an orc DK now, its no tank though, if it goes the way i think it will. It will be an amazing build!
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    It seems Imperial are a top tier choice when it comes to anything Tank.
    I am currently leveling an Orc Dragonknight (lvel 37 as of this post) and he's doing well. I am running double 1H/SH and can take some great hits. Just crafted a 5 piece Hist Bark and he's holding up nicely. I only die if I let myself get overwhelmed and can't move my fingers quick enough.

Orcs are solid thanks to their passives and character appearance.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what I'm doing with said tank.

Imperial is my favorite for straight up group content

Dunmer is what I like to use when I want to tank in Cyrodil

Orc is a perfectly viable option.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made an orc as first toon with no clue about the game worked. It naturally morphed into a tank.

It's absolutely fine. As good as an imperial? Maybe not.

I've tanked pretty much everything in the game with it at vet 16 with absolute ease.

Also use it in pvp with medium armor and still wreck face. I drop a bit of stam regen, but I make do.

All stats into stamina, health Glyphs on tanking set in health. I rock engine guardian with it and tank effectively without zero problems.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    I've been itching to make a DK and an orc lately, so how well do they work together? Looking at their racials they don't seem like a half bad race, although I don't know how well they compared to, say, an Imperial. Anyone have a word of advice on this?

if this is for pvp, i have the perfect build for you
  • Tacos
    Tacos
    lynog85 wrote: »

if this is for pvp, i have the perfect build for you

Mind sharing?
    Tacös - Orc - Stamplar - DC
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    An Orc dragonknight can be an amazing tank that can also put out reasonable single target dps due to the racial passives. You can stack health regen to stupid levels with dk and Orc passives and it is personally one of my favourite builds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f1IHv52ScTM
    That's a link to my Orc dk when he was still in blackwater blade it's easy enough to achieve same results without needing hard to obtain gear
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank, Healer or DPS... it don't matter!!! If it's an Orc and specifically an DK Orc, you already won the game.... Orc has much Gud!!!
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P