Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to completely switch off the questmarkers?

Myrnhiel
Myrnhiel
✭✭✭✭✭
I already asked this question in the German section, but apparently nobody there seems to know. So I thought I'd also ask here, hoping you can help me. :)

I would like to know if there is a possibility in-game (e.g. somewhere in the settings?) where I can switch off the quest markers completely. I already switched off the markers in the compass and above the head of the questgivers, but there are still markers on the map and also during the quests - above books I have to find, shrines I have to activate etc. I didn't find a way to switch those off as well, so I wonder if there is any way to do so.

I play on PC so I can also use add-ons/modifications if there is no possbility in the game itself.

Best Answers

• Malcom86
    Malcom86
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by Malcom86 on January 11, 2016 5:48PM
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Malcom86 wrote: »
    I don't know about PinKiller, but I use Wykkyds Full Immersion for other things, and I don't see an option in it to turn off quest markers.

Yeah you need Pinkiller to remove the quest markers, Wykkyds doesn't do it. Still highly recomend Wykky'ds though since you can set it so the cross-hair (reticle) only appears when you need it (hover over interactable object or in combat) - Super nice for first person.

As for console I'm not sure. I know PC version has an option to turn quest markers off just for the compass, but I believe they still appear on your map and above NPC's.

Keep in mind since this (removing quest markers) is not an in game option, the dialogue is very unclear about where you need to go for stuff.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, Pinkiller!
    also Quest Map, it has excellent toggle options to turn on & off markers on the map (german language support too apparently)

good luck!
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
    Answer ✓
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way to do it without addons. I know that there's at least one addon that does it, but I'm not sure which one... Hey @MissBizz I know you've got an addon you sometimes use that turns off quest markers, care to let @Myrnhiel know what it is?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Please add as an ingame feature as console as yet has no access to add ons....
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcom86 wrote: »
    I don't know about PinKiller, but I use Wykkyds Full Immersion for other things, and I don't see an option in it to turn off quest markers.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much, everyone. Pinkiller is absolutely perfect!!!! No pins and markers anymore... this is just wonderful!
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Keep in mind since this (removing quest markers) is not an in game option, the dialogue is very unclear about where you need to go for stuff.

Oh, I already noticed that, but I'd rather spend some time searching than just following the markers. And sometimes it is very hard to ignore them, so I prefer playing without them. :)

And I think I'll also try Wykkyds as I always play 1st person.

Thank you again. That was one of the most annoying things for me!

Edited by Myrnhiel on January 11, 2016 8:09PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    And I think I'll also try Wykkyds as I always play 1st person.
    It's a nice addon if you're into immersive questing. Personally the main thing I use it for is so that on some characters I can run around with my helmet hidden, but as soon as I'm in combat the helmet shows. A very minor feature (and only a small part of what the addon can do), but I really like it.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Personally the main thing I use it for is so that on some characters I can run around with my helmet hidden, but as soon as I'm in combat the helmet shows. A very minor feature (and only a small part of what the addon can do), but I really like it.

That sounds really interesting. I always play with the helmet hidden (because I think they are not really that good-looking on my bosmer), but if there is a possibility to have it shown only in combat, that would be really nice. As I mainly play 1st person, I mostly won't see it anyway, but others will and just knowing that it shows in combat would make it a bit more... "perfect".

And I really enjoy having no markers in the game anymore. Such a great relief! :)

Edited by Myrnhiel on January 12, 2016 12:12AM