Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I'm having some trouble with Blacksmithing and traits, could anybody help?

jon.finewineub17_ESO
jon.finewineub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I can't seem to add a trait to anything while crafting a weapon, I have researched the trait, just can't seem to do anything with that trait gem, tried crafting a weapon first.

The trait is for increasing weapon skill line EXP by 42%, if I'm remembering well.
  • jon.finewineub17_ESO
    jon.finewineub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hello.
  • jon.finewineub17_ESO
    jon.finewineub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Really , nobody helping, seriously? Asked one question, only to receive no help!
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've researched it but do you have one of the trait gems when you go to make it
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    I know mate its been a full 2 minutes between first and second post. They should be sat there waiting for your question and answer it immediately. Do they not know who you are?? How disrespectful. LOL
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    davidtxr wrote: »
    You've researched it but do you have one of the trait gems when you go to make it

Carnelian I think is the gem needed
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know mate its been a full 2 minutes between first and second post. They should be sat there waiting for your question and answer it immediately. Do they not know who you are?? How disrespectful. LOL

Yes, it took a full thirteen minutes before he got an answer!

At least he's learnt the trait even if he doesn't have a stone. Could have been worse...

"I want to create a nirnhoned sword. Haven't learnt the trait, don't have any nirncrux. Nobody helping? Seriously?"
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to create a nirnhoned sword. Haven't learnt the trait, don't have any nirncrux. Nobody helping? Seriously?"

Look though the guild stores I'm sure your find one to either research or use which ever takes your fancy
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    He He He.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting an Item with a trait

1. Research trait - Traits must be learned √
    2. Gather the 3 materials needed to make piece...
    • Quantity of Base material (Metal/Wood)
    • Trait Stone - Carnelian (required to add training trait to piece)
    • Style Stone (required to craft the style, which needs to be learned if not your race)
    3. Craft Piece (white quality)

Which of the 3 materials were you missing? Or did you research that trait but for a different weapon? Every trait must be researched separately for each weapon....

FYI it will take a year to learn all 9 traits for every craftable piece in the game IF you are diligent.
    Edited by Tallowby on January 7, 2016 4:59PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to wait until the research is done before you can craft that trait. This may be a long load time.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't seem to add a trait to anything while crafting a weapon, I have researched the trait, just can't seem to do anything with that trait gem, tried crafting a weapon first.

The trait is for increasing weapon skill line EXP by 42%, if I'm remembering well.

Not sure if you got the answer, but considering this post is a couple days old... but...

First, you have to wait until your research time is complete before you can craft using that trait.
    Second, you have to have the corresponding trait gem, for a weapon it's Carnelian for armor it's Emerald.
    Third, if you're trying to craft a set, crafted sets have a requirement for minimum number of traits researched. Check this link and click the tab marked 'Crafted Sets'... it tells you how many traits each set requires and what bonuses they offer.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really , nobody helping, seriously? Asked one question, only to receive no help!

Really? Many responses to your question and nothing else? Seriously?

#satire
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured