Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Advise on which of my 3 characters I should play (PvE)

DirtyDubs
DirtyDubs
✭✭
Hi Guys

I have 3 characters. An Orc Vet2 (Covenant), a level 13 Elf (Dominion) and an Aragonian level 19 (Pact).

I play the game (mostly) solo and don't have any real interest in PvP. I also have only about 5 hours a week to play ESO. With my Vet2 Orc I've finished the Covenant areas, quests and delves etc but now my character is in the Dominion area completing the same quests as my level 13 Dominion.

My questions is will I get a better PvE experience by playing each character in their respective faction or by just continuing with my veteran Orc. Again, I've no interest in PvP or the grind, just in having the PvE story experience.

I'm leaning towards forgetting about my veteran Orc and just focusing on either my Dominion or Pact toon until their respective stories are complete. Though obviously I have some separation anxiety with leaving the Orc.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same situation, all three of my characters are in the Dominion zones! Well one just finished up, but she can't go on to silver yet.

I decided to stick with my main (EP) so I can focus on getting him to VR16, so my DC character is taking a break (as much as you can call researching traits continuously a break) and my AD character is sticking to PvP for now. Once I get my main to that level, I'll move on to one of the others because hopefully by that time I will have taken a break from AD by doing Craglorn/Wrothgar/IC etc.

However, I did all the faction storylines with my character in that faction first; which I kind of liked because in the end it's their zones to experience. I'm more storyline focused as well so I liked having my characters experience their own alliance before the others since they're the ones who I attribute to those events.

I wouldn't ignore your Orc completely though, I mean I still run around with my currently-designated researcher from time to time and have some fun! :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • TechnoDreamVision
    TechnoDreamVision
    ✭✭✭
    I find the Pact's PVE story-lines to be the most entertaining and Covenant's ones not so good (exception is the last zone - The Rift). I would develop your Elf for PVP because Dominion side rules PVP.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since DC and especially EP are scum, I would level up your AD toon, best faction in the game.

Although DC is ok, has some very nice peeps in that faction.

Now in reality all factions are great and same with the people in those factions.

Level your highest toon first, join Dug, (Dominion Undaunted Guard) a pve guild that will train you.

Great people in that guild, there is also Dig (Dominion Imperial Guard) the pvp side, which u might find pvp fun and we train you for pvp action.

GL in game.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you are going to do all the quests in the AD area as you would with a new Char then you will have the same expereince,
    I would stick to levelling the DC char purely to gain some Champion points to use on the other 2 chars..

I personally would test out each of the factions and find the one that fits you,
    I tried them all and kinda enjoy playing on DC....

Each person has their preference.....

I felt the same as you about PVP until one day i tried it,
    Now i have the PVP bug...lol..

Dont wait too long to try PVP as it has its own skill lines that can assist with PVE content as well..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Cheers for the input guys. I think I'll go play my alt toons for now in their respective faction zones.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DirtyDubs wrote: »
    I think I'll go play my alt toons for now in their respective faction zones.

that's what I did, play through each alliance with the home character first & then its an ass-kicking free for all!

but I wanted to have them separate so I could really enjoy the stories, AND THEN...
    it turns out having a character in each alliance really does help you get the most fun out of your Guilds.

:smiley:
    have fun!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DirtyDubs wrote: »
    Cheers for the input guys. I think I'll go play my alt toons for now in their respective faction zones.

Actually, I'd suggest sticking with your DC toon. You may not want to play group content right now, but you don't know if you'll change your mind. Each of the dungeons also has a quest that continues in the veteran version of the dungeon, and these quests are pretty well written. I recommend doing each dungeon at least once. Without a lot of time to play, you aren't going to level 3 toons to v16, so might as well work on one so you can find groups to play dungeons easier.