Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A crafting character.

Jaemeson_Foster
Jaemeson_Foster
✭✭✭
Professions are my favorite part of RPGs. It's why I loved runescape and wow before they started going downhill. So I'm curious: I'm not going hardcore end game, and my real desire is to spend most of my end game running around collecting mats and being a "master crafter" of sorts. Is it feasible to both be proficient in every profession while still being capable of combat?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes completely, there are enough skill points in game for master crafter as well as enough to survive enough to harvest in most all zones.

My VR8 master crafter has all maxed and is finishing Cadwell Gold right now.

You may not be able to have every skill open and morphed with full crafting but you'll have more than enough to kill and survive with.
  • BeardLumber
    BeardLumber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh totally. You can max out every crafting skill line and still have plenty of skill points left over to be placed in other skill lines.

I don't know if these numbers are still the same but I believe there are roughly 471 skills for you to spend points on and about 324 skill points you can obtain.

So if you are focusing mainly on crafting you probably will never spend points into PVP and you wont probably want to or need to max out all six of the weapon skill lines.

Hope this helps!
    Heals Please
    PC Master Race
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's some crafting tips in my post here. Be sure to start Craft Research early and with a plan.

Just-some-basic-new-player-tips-i-post-on-esoreddit
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need 97 to 112 points to max out all crafting skills, depending on how many points you put into Keen Eye.

You can get that many points by VR1 or so, depending on how many Public and Group Dungeons you do and how diligent you are with Skyshards.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but it depends on class/role a bit. My WW tank that also needed DPS skills for solo content? Had to give up WW and one craft. I could have squeezed it in without WW but would have had to sacrifice some utility. Whereas I suspect a DW nightblade DPS is swimming in extra skillpoints. (I don't play one, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Whatever you play, if you want to be a dedicated crafter at endgame who can also handle some mobs, you should be fine although you might have to respec along the way once or twice. Which it seems most of us do anyway.
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    My main is level 50 in all crafts with skill points into everything plus skill points into every other skill i need in other skill lines. Ive done all the end game content minus vet maelstrom. Its totally feasible to do so, youll just have to hunt alot of skyshards. I think i have all except a few in cyrodiil
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You need 97 to 112 points to max out all crafting skills, depending on how many points you put into Keen Eye.

There's no need to put any skill points in Keen Eye if you're an eagle eyed tiger ninja like myself ;P