Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone know how vampire spawns work?

Xoz
Xoz
✭✭✭
deleted
Edited by Xoz on March 15, 2024 1:02AM
PS4 & PC
AD
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when people want to sell Vampire/Werewolf bite... still its their decision.

But what I hate more is that these people overcharge it as hell. Luckily I had a Guild mate that didn't mind and gave me a vampire bite.

You can google to find where the vampires are spawning and camp these spots in order to get the bite if you want or find someone who is willing to give you the bite for free or at low cost or find a guild and ask if someone can.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    When the game first launched, the spawn locations where fixed and so was the spawn time. Since then it appears that everything has been randomized. People report getting their bite in almost every zone at almost every time. Your best bet is to get a guild mate to bite you, or just pay someone to do it. Gold isn't that big of a deal.
    Make sure you are even strong enough to do the quest. It is scaled for a level 38 character.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spawns are horrible to farm. I noticed that some rude werewolf v16s are now hanging around spawn points to kill the werewolf before anyone can get a bite...sigh.

Your best bet is to join a big guild. Check the roster...people who advertise in their notes that they're willing to give bites will usually respond and help out. I usually tell my guildies to mssg the vamp/wolf/libertarian asking for a bite and maybe ask if they PVP or do dailies and if there's a time when you can group and get the bite while playing together.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are still trying to charge for them?

@Marthren Console or PC? Server and Alliance?
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marthren wrote: »
    I'm still somewhat new to the game and decided to make a new character for the Daggerfall covenant. After waiting 7+ hours at the vampire shrine with people demanding money for bites, I decided to look for vampire spawns. On one night I found werewolves but that's it. Is there a certain day I have to look? I'm a noob to forums too so forgive my ignorance :)
    When the game first launched, the spawn locations where fixed and so was the spawn time. Since then it appears that everything has been randomized. People report getting their bite in almost every zone at almost every time. Your best bet is to get a guild mate to bite you, or just pay someone to do it. Gold isn't that big of a deal.
    Make sure you are even strong enough to do the quest. It is scaled for a level 38 character.

It's doable at level 6 with hundings rage and reinforced heavy armor.
    Assuming you get the Mammoth or Wamasu.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • garnet1223
    garnet1223
    Soul Shriven
    Yeahh.. I heard. I'm new too but after research it sounds like players have completely ruined the fun of it in two different ways.

1. They camp spawns so vampirism can become scarce and linked to reason #2 (so basically being *** about it)
    2. people realized they can sell bites (place is camped to have a monopoly over the system) so now the cool idea of changing people has now become a trade

The only thing here is I read the camping fact in the wikia but expereinced the selling idea in game. So they may have fixed the spawn timing(or whatever it may be) so people don't camp it anymore. But really I'm not completely sure.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marthren wrote: »
    I'm still somewhat new to the game and decided to make a new character for the Daggerfall covenant. After waiting 7+ hours at the vampire shrine with people demanding money for bites, I decided to look for vampire spawns. On one night I found werewolves but that's it. Is there a certain day I have to look? I'm a noob to forums too so forgive my ignorance :)

Used to be the werewolves and vampires spawned based on the phases of the moon. Vampires are supposed to spawn on a new moon; werewolves on a full.

Now, they seem to spawn randomly, though they should have an automatic spawn when the (in game) lunar cycle syncs up.

They spawn at midnight, again in game. You can track the time by checking the position of the moon against your compass. When it's directly north, it's midnight. If they've survived, they will despawn at sunrise. (This one is a little iffy, because the game's definition of sunrise seems to be a little... creative. But, that's the theory anyway.)

Most nights, nothing will spawn. In game days last about 5.4 hours (if I'm remembering correctly), and the lunar cycle lasts 28-30 days (I've never bothered to specifically measure it). This means there should be roughly one lunar cycle per week. Worst case, you may need to just log in about once every six hours, check the moon, and see if you can find a spawn. Repeating until you find them, or until you find a player willing to bite you. And there are players out there who will bite for free, you may have to ask in zone, though. I would bite you, if you're on the NA PC server and asking when I've got a bite up.

Werewolves and Vampires share a set of spawn locations in Reaper's March, Bangkorai, and The Rift. You can check online to find out where these are. Originally only a couple of these would be active at a time, and if they were picked off, others would spawn. I don't believe this is still the case.

Worst case, if you get to Vet ranks, you'll have access to much lower population zones with their own werewolf and vampire spawns.
    bryanhaas wrote: »

It's doable at level 6 with hundings rage and reinforced heavy armor.
    Assuming you get the Mammoth or Wamasu.

The Werewolf one used to be very difficult at low levels. My record, pre scaling, was level 12. Now, it scales down to the point that level 10 is easy. Level 6 or level 8 is very doable, if you're familiar with the systems.

Vampires didn't get scaled nearly as kindly, and it can still be a kick in the teeth. However, unlike with wolves, you can do vampire runs using your normal abilities (mostly), so you do have options there allowing you to pick off melee opponents at range.

I also had luck with an Alessia's Bulwark heavy set for a level 16 run. That went surprisingly smoothly. Though, again, this is mostly a moot point now.

EDIT: I fail at quote tags.
    Edited by starkerealm on January 8, 2016 9:29PM
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    I wanted to mention bloodfiends at Wittestadr but something tells those are the wrong ones to come to for an infection.
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arshiya wrote: »
    I wanted to mention bloodfiends at Wittestadr but something tells those are the wrong ones to come to for an infection.

Yeah, those won't infect you with anything. Same with the vampires in Grahtwood and Rivenspire. Likewise, the Werewolves in Glenumbra and the normal werewolf spawns in Bangkorai and Malabal Tor.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    garnet1223 wrote: »
    Yeahh.. I heard. I'm new too but after research it sounds like players have completely ruined the fun of it in two different ways.

1. They camp spawns so vampirism can become scarce and linked to reason #2 (so basically being *** about it)
    2. people realized they can sell bites (place is camped to have a monopoly over the system) so now the cool idea of changing people has now become a trade

The only thing here is I read the camping fact in the wikia but expereinced the selling idea in game. So they may have fixed the spawn timing(or whatever it may be) so people don't camp it anymore. But really I'm not completely sure.

Yeah, this is info from launch. Back when the game originally released there were people camping and then charging +40k for a bite. They'd also come on here and whine about how they were roleplaying fearless vampire/werewolf hunters whenever anyone brought it up on the boards.

There was also a spat of players who would charge for a bite, then book it without biting anything. The GMs cracked down hard on this, supposedly bans were handed out. So, if someone takes your money and runs, just report their ass.

After launch a few things changed. The werewolf and vampire populations climbed, meaning it was no longer possible to corner the market, ZoS added a random element to the spawns, making it possible for spawns to occur on other nights. The reason for this change was, probably, not related to bite poachers, but because server resets will restart the lunar cycle. At launch it was impossible for a couple weeks to become a vampire because the servers were constantly being taken down for maintenance. Third, the overall population for the game dropped after launch. This is pretty normal for MMOs in general, but it also meant the people orchestrating the poaching got stretched thinner, making hording bites harder. Fourth, players got access to the silver and gold zones, where the poachers couldn't police (because they didn't have the manpower).

So, now there should be free bites out there. That said, it's possible the people with bites are in Wrothgar or elsewhere. So actually getting someone to chow down could involve lurking in other zones. Asking if anyone has a bite in Stormhaven (also Grahtwood for Dominion and Deshan for Pact) might not be a bad idea, since the Undaunted Enclave should pull some higher level players, and keep them watching zone.