Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp for lvl21

paul_j
paul_j
✭✭✭
Hello! New player here on eso (lvl21 sorc) wondering if I should be pvping while questing. Should I just focus on leveling or is pvp like crafting and I should get started as soon as possible? Thanks
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I waited until level 47 to enter Cyrodiil. Mostly because I was intimidated and really didn't know what it was about. At your level you will die a LOT, so stick with a group at all times if you want to get the hang of it. Pvp'ing will also level your character at a slower pace. Entering pvp land at your level also means that you have no access to the best pvp abilities, like hardened Ward, streak, mines etc. It doesn't hurt to give it a try, though.
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's any benefit to start early. Are there skill points or items that I'll get that will help leveling?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    paul_j wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's any benefit to start early. Are there skill points or items that I'll get that will help leveling?

Nope, nothing really. You do get skill points for leveling up your alliance rank, but it will be slow anyway. You also get to unlock a few useful pvp abilities, but non of that is necessary for completing the game and all its quests. there really is no benefit at all from pvp'ing during early levels. If anything, it only makes things harder, especially if you're new!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally i'd go to cyrodill, do the intro quest (takes 5 mins) which will give you an alliance rank and give you a skill point.

Getting to rank 4 shouldn't take too long either, you get a skill point per alliance rank. Retreating manuevers is useful for getting around in pve , it can be cast on your horse and you have a 40% movement speed bonus which reduces travelling time by quite a bit.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paul_j - I always enter pvp as soon as i can. The reason for me doing this is that the alliance war skill lines have pretty awesome skills that you want to level..

I have a lvl 34 sorc and entered pvp at level 10,
    from level 10 to 15 is tough i will be honest as you only have one skill bar,

From level 15 i use resto and destro staves,
    Ice Destro Staff
    1) Force shock morphed to crushing shock
    2) Daedric Curse
    3) Destructive Touch
    4) Crystal Frags
    5) Harness magicka(annulment morph on light armour skill line)
    U) Greater Attronach

Resto Staff
    1) Mages fury
    2) Healing Springs
    3)Boundless storm
    4) Critical Surge
    5) healing Ward

I would also advise you to get some armour sets,
    I use Julianos x 5 and seducer/magnus/Kragenac's or Torugs pact...

PVP is huge fun and normally i spend a few hours every evening doing some pvp... otherwise i level my chars in PVE

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @paul_j - I always enter pvp as soon as i can. The reason for me doing this is that the alliance war skill lines have pretty awesome skills that you want to level..

Ice Destro Staff
    2) Daedric Curse
    3) Destructive Touch
    4) Crystal Frags
    U) Greater Attronach

Resto Staff
    1) Mages fury
    2) Healing Springs
    3)Boundless storm
    4) Critical Surge
    5) healing Ward

PVP is huge fun and normally i spend a few hours every evening doing some pvp... otherwise i level my chars in PVE

Hey john is it possible to wear sets like julianos at my level? I looked it up and it seems like end game stuff
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »

Ice Destro Staff
    2) Daedric Curse
    3) Destructive Touch
    4) Crystal Frags
    U) Greater Attronach

Resto Staff
    1) Mages fury
    2) Healing Springs
    3)Boundless storm
    4) Critical Surge
    5) healing Ward

Hey john is it possible to wear sets like julianos at my level? I looked it up and it seems like end game stuff

You can wear it at any level because its craftable sets. The only problem would be finding someone to make you each set. Since you're still relatively new, I recommend just wearing the best gear you can find, it's a lot of fun when you're new. But if you can find a crafter, then more power to you!
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!! That would be amazing to run around with stuff like that. Wouldn't having a set like julianos just destroy everything my level? Or do items automatically scale like dungeons to your level or do you have to upgrade them every time you level?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow!! That would be amazing to run around with stuff like that. Wouldn't having a set like julianos just destroy everything my level? Or do items automatically scale like dungeons to your level or do you have to upgrade them every time you level?

When you craft gear, you craft it to any level you want as long as you have the right material for it. It's SO much better than the gear you loot while questing. Whatever gear you wear, it's stats will remain as they are and will not scale to your level. That's why for now I recommend just wearing anything you find since the lower levels go up so fast to the point where you'd be doing a lot of crafting just to keep up to your level. I recommend researching every trait possible so that in the future, you can craft your own gear and won't have to rely on anyone else. I craft all my stuff and it's fun!
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again!!