The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

using emotes on pc

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i remember to use emotes back in 2014 when the game was released, but i stayed away of the game for a long time and somehow i still remember most of the commands but not where to use it. i tried a few times on the chat box, even selecting "/emote" and i tried to use the emote commands with the normal "/" and even this way "\", or without it, but nothing happens, so, obviously i completely forgot how to use it :') ...i'm sure it's something easy but i'm not getting it this time :blush:
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i remember to use emotes back in 2014 when the game was released, but i stayed away of the game for a long time and somehow i still remember most of the commands but not where to use it. i tried a few times on the chat box, even selecting "/emote" and i tried to use the emote commands with the normal "/" and even this way "\", or without it, but nothing happens, so, obviously i completely forgot how to use it :') ...i'm sure it's something easy but i'm not getting it this time :blush:

This should help: uesp.net/wiki/Online:Chat#Emotes
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's the way i remember to use in 2014, but since i returned, about 2 months ago, that way no longer works. maybe i have to activate something somewhere. idk.

on the chat window i'm able to select "/emote" and type there, but nothing at all happens. unless now the others can see the animation but not me.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to try it out with a few to be sure but I used "/dance" only the other day and it worked.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have to try it out with a few to be sure but I used "/dance" only the other day and it worked.

Worked for me too last week when I decided to dance during the final scene of the Orsinium storyline. Seemed like people needed cheering up.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think that all over the last 2 months i tried all commands i remember, including "/dance" ... nothing happens. i tried in a new character and it's the same. if the correct way still is to use the commands on the chat window selecting "/emote"... there must be a way to activate it somewhere. probably there's some shortcut to disable the emotes and I did it by accident. I can't explain why it doesn't work anymore, but I'm sure I was able to use emotes in the same computer I'm playing now and with the same account.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, got a few odd looks from passersby but tried typing in "/dance", "/laugh", "/cry" without typing "/emote" first and they worked than tried typing in" /emote" then" /cry" and it worked too. Don't know whats causing your problem but emotes are still working
    EU PC.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, got a few odd looks from passersby but tried typing in "/dance", "/laugh", "/cry" without typing "/emote" first and they worked than tried typing in" /emote" then" /cry" and it worked too. Don't know whats causing your problem but emotes are still working

so... would it be an account limitation or some system incompatibility with something?

isn't there any code or something to activate the emotes? i already tried disabling all addons, i even deleted the addons from the hdd, to avoid some problem, but nothing changes. the weird thing is that i'm playing exactly in the same computer i was one year ago, with the same win7 64 system, i'm still even using the same software, the only changes i did was some drivers updates, and the emotes were working one year ago, i'm sure of that.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird... I use emotes all the time by just typing in /dancedrunk or whatever into the chat window - I don't have to select /emote first either. I would say it's probably an addon, but you disabled all of them. Have you checked to see if maybe your emotes are visible to other people but not to you? I've occasionally had it bug out the other way (so that I could see the emote but nobody else could), but maybe for you it has somehow bugged like that.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll try to check that. but when i returned, it wasn't already working, even before i start using addons for the first time, so that's completely out of question.

I know that this is not something important, but I miss using emotions :')
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Elephant42 on December 31, 2015 11:45PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you don't have any other characters before the /

Even just a space before the slash can make it not work. With the slash being the first character on the chat line, it always works for me.
    idea.gif
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to use emotions almost every day at least in the last 2 months, so, obviously I tried with with and without spaces, with and without slashes, tried dozens of different commands, checked all settings, tested in different computers, with different OS...

I also searched for videos to see people doing it, but I only found for xbox, and I even tried to look for it in the "social" menu. nothing, nothing seems to work.

in the forum I only found one player with the same problem and I contacted him asking how he solved it - he replied to me explaining that typing the codes in the chat box is not the correct way but unfortunately he never explained where he's typing it now to work.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, this is an odd one.

Do you have multiple/custom chat channels?
    idea.gif

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. i have the normal zone and another two for my guilds.

that's a good idea. i think i never tested without it. i'm going to remove all tabs ;)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I removed all tabs and still didn't work. after that I created a new random character and tested it right on a clean start without any add-on installed and it still didn't work.

if typing the code in the chat window, like /annoyed, is still the right way to do it, then I'm start thinking that maybe this feature is removed to player after a long time away, I was away 1 year, and it was working before I stop and never worked again in my return.

or... it is disabled somewhere in the settings :')
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try using repair from game options in case files have been damaged/corrupted?
    Or try restoring all settings back to defaults?
    EU PC.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try using repair from game options in case files have been damaged/corrupted?
    Or try restoring all settings back to defaults?

done that :(

and i have used "repair" many times for other reasons since i returned, and the emotes never worked after any repair. i really don't think that it may be an error or a bug, because it happens in my laptop and in my desktop, and i don't even have the same OS in both computers.

the only thing that can match both computers are the settings.

what about an addon to manage the emotes? if there are some addon available to manage the emotes maybe i can try to force it to appear :\
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly did you type in the chat box? Post an example.

/dance
    /eat2
    /jumpingjacks

Those are examples of exactly how to type them. There are no account locks, codes, or restrictions for using emotes. You just put a / and then command:

/pushup
    /torch
    /ritual
    /pray
    /bless
    /kowtow

Exactly like that. Chat channel shouldn't matter, because you are already putting a / in front. If you are still having trouble after using the commands I just posted, you have some sort of glitch in your system, and should probably contact ZoS about it. Filing an IG ticket as well as asking on the support forums here.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i already opened a ticket on support, but i'm still waiting for a reply.

the way you explained is the way I remember to use in 2014, but it doesn't work any more. but it's not possible to be some glitch in my system, if there are no account locks for inactivity, like on other mmos, then it must be an account glitch, since it doesn't work in any computer.

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a great add-on 'ESO Theater' that lets you hotkey your favorite emotes AND it lets you choose emotes from a list.

this might be a good workaround for you, if the / commands won't work

good luck!
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i already opened a ticket on support, but i'm still waiting for a reply.

the way you explained is the way I remember to use in 2014, but it doesn't work any more. but it's not possible to be some glitch in my system, if there are no account locks for inactivity, like on other mmos, then it must be an account glitch, since it doesn't work in any computer.

Have you checked your AddOns? Perhaps one of them is blocking the commands from working? Try playing ESO with all your AddOns turned off, then slowly turn them on one by one until you find the one causing your issue.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    Have you checked your AddOns? Perhaps one of them is blocking the commands from working? Try playing ESO with all your AddOns turned off, then slowly turn them on one by one until you find the one causing your issue.

i started using addons for the first time about one month after i found out that the emotes were not working anymore. but yes, i tried even to delete it all again. i even tried on a computer that never had any addon installed ever. it doesn't work on old or new characters in any computer or system in any known way :\
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw... on support i explained all of this, i even sent the link to this discussion and they asked me again to do everything i already said that i did :(
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... this is totally *** - on support they asked me a lot of questions, basically they asked me all i told them when i opened the ticket, and i answered it again anyway.

even after i told them many times that i searched for help on the forum, and i sent them the direct link to this discussion, today they replied this to me:

The Game Support team assists players with in-game issues such as problematic quests, lost items, and harassment from other players, but we are unable to provide detailed information about game mechanics. However, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited does have a lively and helpful community of players who enjoy sharing theories on our forums here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en. Thank you for your continued interest and support!
    Warm Regards,
    Chris

-

basically they were unable to help, or didn't care at all, and washed their hands without reading my messages, and acted like if i didn't know that this forum exists.

what a shame of support! :\