Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What did I miss?

johu31
johu31
✭✭✭✭
Level 17 provisioner.
Level 50 provision plus ALL skill points in passives, quality, and improvement.

He still only gets level 40 writs which are deposited in Veylyn Harbor. I figured he would atleast deposit writs in coldharbor or reapers march. Even though he's level 17 these writ drop off locations are discovered.

My hope was he'd go to orsinium, (bypass craglorn) but I read somewhere still have to be a vet as far as the writs go.

What am I missing?
Xbox one/NA
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely you need to be atleast vet 1.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    If he was vet 1, wouldn't his writs go to craglorn or orsinium? Is it likely between level 17 and vet 1 there is an magic number to drop off in coldharbor or reapers march? All this time I was thinking it was the amount of skill points you had invested.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess as a level 17 usually does not have access to coldharbour, if the game sent him there to deliver writs, many players would be confused.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought about that too, but my first writ and current writs bypassed auridon, grahtwood, and greenshade. I actually didn't have Veylyn harbor or any of that zone discovered... I suicide ran myself there from the one wayshrine I had discovered in reapers march lol.

At level 17 my dude ought to be just now entering Grahtwood according to the quests I've progressed.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    I thought about that too, but my first writ and current writs bypassed auridon, grahtwood, and greenshade. I actually didn't have Veylyn harbor or any of that zone discovered... I suicide ran myself there from the one wayshrine I had discovered in reapers march lol.

At level 17 my dude ought to be just now entering Grahtwood according to the quests I've progressed.

Well even a low level can discover the delivery spot in a level 40 zone simply by walking there - that's different from coldharbor that is inaccessible until unlocked by a high-level questline.

Technically this can be circumvented by porting to party member, but not everyone knows that.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    True, if your theory is correct I'm still stumped why the drop off isn't reapers march... The last walkable zone.. Thanks for your help
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else found doing the main quest up to the point of getting access to Coldharbour fixed this problem for them as per linked post.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/165671/understanding-daily-writs-level-scaling-and-other-things
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link, it's slightly clearer now. Still eft wondering why I bypassed the first 3 drop offs with little story progression and not the 4th, which would've put me in reapers march. Maybe the system doesn't care until this point....but I'll progress slowly and keep trying. Thanks everyone!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, it's slightly clearer now. Still eft wondering why I bypassed the first 3 drop offs with little story progression and not the 4th, which would've put me in reapers march. Maybe the system doesn't care until this point....but I'll progress slowly and keep trying. Thanks everyone!

Writ drop-off locations are depending on the points spent in the passives for each crafting skill. This gets wonky, as you've seen, when you have more points in the skill to get to a higher drop-off location (e.g. Coldharbour) but haven't advanced the story enough to get there.

So, if you started doing writs with, say 4 points in the Provisioning passive that increased the level of food/drink you can craft, then your first drop-off location would be zone 4. You won't drop off at any of the earlier zones unless you have only 1 point (1st zone), 2 points (2nd zone), etc.