Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

expelled from server

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i just got expelled from server for sending too many messages. in the last 18 hours the only message i sent was "+poa" one time, and it was about 1 or 2 hours ago. yesterday i think i wrote about 10 to 20 messages asking to join groups and inviting people to join. i wasn't aware that there was a message limit and that i could be expelled for that :\ ...even so, it's weird, because while i play i can read people typing much more than me.

so... how many messages can i send per day?
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i just got expelled from server for sending too many messages. in the last 18 hours the only message i sent was "+poa" one time, and it was about 1 or 2 hours ago. yesterday i think i wrote about 10 to 20 messages asking to join groups and inviting people to join. i wasn't aware that there was a message limit and that i could be expelled for that :\ ...even so, it's weird, because while i play i can read people typing much more than me.

so... how many messages can i send per day?

I believe that error is not actually how many messages you send but messages on your screen such as guild trader searches.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this happen before and I wasn't even sending messages. I was able to get right back in.

That said, I've also had messages stop working for me. I have a friend where our primary communication is through xbox messages and on particularly chatty days we'll end up meeting the maximum message limit and they just stop working altogether for several hours, but you don't get booted from the server.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    I believe that error is not actually how many messages you send but messages on your screen such as guild trader searches.

maybe. it makes more sense. but the message i received when i got expelled from server was very clear saying that i was sending too much messages. after that i completely avoided sending messages and disabled the guild messages and i've been online without any problem. but even if i don't send much messages i usually enjoy to know whats going with my guild, so, tomorrow i'll activate it again.
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    poor guy... Zo$ strikes again...
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Funny timing, it happened to me again last night, hours after I had sent my last of 3 messages that day. I was able to get right back in again, just like the other times. Anyway, I did a little more searching because I'm curious about why I get that message also...

This is a little dated, but here's a link to someone with the same issue, and the response was:

An ADMIN RESPOND about the issue
    Just to let you all know, the error message you're seeing is a little misleading. There's nothing you're doing that's causing you to get booted; the excessive messaging has to do with data going from the client to the server, not actual message spam from you. We'll continue to look into this issue, but just wanted to clear that up!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/719738-the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/71958875
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Asmodan
    Asmodan
    A few weeks ago i used wykkyd outfitter and i got a warning every time i changed my Equipment because of sending to many messages in short time. I deinstalled the Mod because i dont want to get expelled.
    Edited by Asmodan on December 18, 2015 8:58PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep...many addons are requesting lots of information in the background.
    Everyone gets excessive messaging kicks.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Yep...many addons are requesting lots of information in the background.
    Everyone gets excessive messaging kicks.

i'm using only the master merchant addon, i rarely need more than that. can be that the cause?
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    bryanhaas wrote: »

maybe. it makes more sense. but the message i received when i got expelled from server was very clear saying that i was sending too much messages. after that i completely avoided sending messages and disabled the guild messages and i've been online without any problem. but even if i don't send much messages i usually enjoy to know whats going with my guild, so, tomorrow i'll activate it again.

No doubt it makes it sound as though you the user was sending too many messages, but I usually notice it when doing a great many guild store searches.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Done a search here. The error message is both common and misleading.
    The error is not about *you* sending chat or in-game messages.

The error is about your ESO client sending too many "messages" to the server. Your client and the server are exchanging data in a constant stream while you're playing.
    The error occurs when the server detects a "flooding" condition, meaning it gets way too many packets from your client in a short amount of time.

This can be due to one or more AddOns trying to communicate with the server but more often than not, it's due to network/server *lag* where data is buffered and then all dumped at once onto the server.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on January 6, 2016 10:12PM