Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

End game dps

Fuzzybrick
Fuzzybrick
✭✭✭
I just hit vet 16 on my magicka templar dps/healer/off healer

What I think I know to be correct for magicka dps and or healer. And what's the truth. Seen many threads and a lot of opinions.

Best gear currently would be 5 piece julianos (close 2nd TBS) kena, torug or magnus and obviously IC sets. With thief mundus.

I know the idea is crit > spell power but where is the line at where spell power > crit?

I understood puncturing sweeps crit based off of spell power and crit but was told by guild mates it scales off of weapon crit?

CP elfborn and thaumaturge everything else normal

Ps4: I wish we had a damage meter so I could answer my own questions.
Edited by Fuzzybrick on January 1, 2016 2:20PM
"A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
VR 16 Magicka Templar
VR 16 Magicka NB
VR 16 Stamina DK
VR 16 Magicka DK
VR 16 Stamina Sorc
VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh...that thread reads like a poem. A confusing poem.

There is no right or wrong, just what works best for you. Some general tips:

1. If you're playing PVP, a lot of players will have buffs that reduce your crit effectiveness. Raw power works a little better in PVP. Players can spend champion points to debuff both, but people hate Crits and a lot of players spend here.

2. Julianos is a great set, and should be all the crit buff you need to get above 50% crit chance. After that you can use jewelry enchants and other stuff to work spell damage up.

3. The "experts" are all about funneling all champion points into only a few passives. I disagree. Spending points 60-70 on magic regen offers 2% more. You might get 3-5% health regen if you spend those in that passive. And do you use any stam abilities? Ten points here are nice if you do. My strategy is to pick the constellation where I want the 75 passive perk, then spread the points around into everything relevant. This offers way more buffs, but given they're spread around more. It creates a more well-rounded character, which I can hone with gear.
  • leeshi
    leeshi
    ✭✭
    Biting jabs (the stamina morph) will use weapon crit, the magicka morph and base skill will use spell crit.