Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: January 5th, 2016"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Crown Store Showcase: January 5th, 2016. We hope you enjoy the latest offerings that are coming up this month, including the Nord Hero Armor costume and Markarth Bear-Dog pet!

89f6ea24a0442524b6252660d9e5e6.jpg

c1584475e5a5d38ccd351152d57e88.jpg
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARKARTH BEAR-DOG

I've been waiting for this for so long.

I love the costumes, too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Elchemist
    Elchemist
    ✭✭✭
    No mounts?

Me sad :-( :'(
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :neutral: since limited edition senches have been re-introduced lately, I thought that the Frost Mare mount will be back this month......
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    :neutral: since limited edition senches have been re-introduced lately, I thought that the Frost Mare mount will be back this month......

Well the limited edition were made available because console never got a chance to get them.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to clip or use a dremel on the doggie's toenails.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix lag ?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ensembles are what I'm excited about and I'm sure the Nord stuff will cause some excitement too.
    Can't wait for Jan 7th
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jaywics
    Jaywics
    ✭✭✭
    Best looking costto date imo
    XBOX1 NA
    XBL: Jaywics
    Discord ID: jaywics#2078

• Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why Nords only, WHY?! Wanna Dominion and Covenant costumes! *crying
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed the hero costume will be limited. Don't know yet which one I want, and if I can't see them all in game I won't be able to decide.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Disappointed the hero costume will be limited. Don't know yet which one I want, and if I can't see them all in game I won't be able to decide.

Of course it will be limited. This was a request of the players. Make lot of sense from a buisness point of view! So many people will hurry to buy it! In addition, it will be nice to not see everyone wearing it!

I'm totally going to buy those Redguard costume, and maybe even the wolf. I'm using too much crowns on costumes! :D
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MY OTHER GOAT!!!

My oh my, what shall I name him?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A goat devoted to Sanguine ? I wonder what is its purpose... Probably something involving... milking... and making cheese?

Yes, that must be such a cheesy thing.

Somehow I now expect the next update to introduce Sanguine-aligned Satyrs or Faun-like pets. (Or maybe the one of october... nine months from now. )
    Edited by VerboseQuips on January 5, 2016 6:47PM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we know why the servers are down so long. The Bear-Dog and Goat!
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    I like the bear dog but i still want a vampire lord and werewolf polymorph lol
    Edited by found1779 on January 5, 2016 7:23PM
  • Theodorus
    Theodorus
    ✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    Someone needs to clip or use a dremel on the doggie's toenails.

Tamriel Petsmart...

Walking Dead survival tip ... just run faster than Otis
  • Theodorus
    Theodorus
    ✭✭✭
    I will buy the desert gear for my female alts, but only if they use a better body model than they did with the corset set.

That was way too thick in the ribcage, and made my lithe little woodelf look like Lawrence Taylor in drag.

Speaking of which, why does Zeni seem fixated on male transvestism? Could these outfits possibly be female only for a change?
    Walking Dead survival tip ... just run faster than Otis
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    MY OTHER GOAT!!!

My oh my, what shall I name him?

Lol... I saw the goat & thought it wouldn't be long before you were along to this thread! :D;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theodorus wrote: »
    I will buy the desert gear for my female alts, but only if they use a better body model than they did with the corset set.

That was way too thick in the ribcage, and made my lithe little woodelf look like Lawrence Taylor in drag.

Speaking of which, why does Zeni seem fixated on male transvestism? Could these outfits possibly be female only for a change?

I agree regarding the model for the Breton costumes. I couldn't understand why their waists all looked so wide in these while they all look so extremely narrow in the noble dress. Also, their shoulders looked rather wide.

As for female only - none of the outfits are restricted. Male outfits can be worn by female characters, and I like that. Yes, more often than not, you see fat orcs running around in wedding dresses, but...eh, whatever. I'd rather see that than have any restrictions put in place. I want my female dunmer to be able to wear the wedding suit.
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of which, I wonder how the outfit will look on males? I like that outfits are typically unchanged male-to-female or vice versa... though I think that chestpiece would look rather odd on the lads. Well, the ones that aren't your typical fat orcs, anyway. :)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Dreissea
    Dreissea
    Loving the Nord costume....really wanting to see that Nightblade's costume from the Three Fates video in the Crown store at some point, though...
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dye me surprised, no black bear mount or cub, good on them for mixing it up! ...Once again, two female costumes I really like will arrive...and thank goodness, if ZOS wants to scr*w around with me, I have to get that Markarth Bear-Dog. May be the closest thing I get to a wolf for a long while... /sigh
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS 12+ hrs of maintenance but you find time to show case crown items? you got your priorities wrong not saying the crown store wont get my money (love costumes) but come on
    Edited by HenryIvan on January 5, 2016 9:01PM
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's up with the Aladdin costumes? Not worse than the Asian costumes, of course.
    Gave up.
  • Arvendir
    Arvendir
    ✭✭✭
    WE WANT CLOAKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Arvendir, Closed Beta Tester
    Guild: Ordine di Shor(Gilda Italiana PC)

Craglorn's HMs | vHoF HM | vMoL HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vRG HM | vSS HM | vKA HM |
    Dragonknight Stamina
    Dragonknight Tank
    Dragonknight Magicka
    Templar Stamina
    Templar Healer
    Templar Magicka

Sorcerer Stamina
    Sorcerer Magicka
    Necromancer Stamina
    Necromancer Magicka
    Necromancer Tank
    Necromancer Healer
    Warden Tank
    Warden Healer
  • TERMINAT0R_XVII
    TERMINAT0R_XVII
    ✭✭✭
    They usually dont mention when they are putting items into the crafting category like motifs in the crown store. So keep an eye out for motifs and style materials JUST IN CASE. They didnt utter a word before they put the vamp and werewolf bites in the crown store so there might be a surprise or two this month as well. So be careful of what you want to spend your crowns on :)
    Xbox one NA server
    Current CP level: 481
    Main= Clan-Mother Ra'Zaria: Khajiit Dragonknight EP (Toxic Shock Build)
    Hlevala Redoran: Dark elf Sorcerer DC (Daedric Sorcerer Build)(race subject to change)
    Tsudajiti-Ri: Level 23 Kajiit Nightblade AD (Magicka, 3 hit ko Build)
    Tulara Ayrenn: High Elf Templar DC (Right Hand of Mara Build)
    One-Who-Breaks-Mountains: Argonian Templar EP (Left Hand of Mara Build)
    Lillca Boulder-Child: Nord Dragonknight EP (Indominable Tank Build)(no purge)
    Logranka-Gra-Orsinium: Level Orc Dragonknight AD (Volcanic Incineration Build)
    Nivinora Night-Hollow: Wood Elf Nightblade DC (Jaqspur Build)(bow abilities only)
    High Queen Atmorra: Level 10 Redguard Templar EP (Tireless Stamplar)
    Rakkiza Mane-Sister: Level 7 Khajiit nightblade DC (in progress)
    Vavakra Telvanni: Level 36 Dunmer Warden AD (in progress) (race subject to change)
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord Hero Armor... it's about time!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    They usually dont mention when they are putting items into the crafting category like motifs in the crown store. So keep an eye out for motifs and style materials JUST IN CASE. They didnt utter a word before they put the vamp and werewolf bites in the crown store so there might be a surprise or two this month as well. So be careful of what you want to spend your crowns on :)

I LOVE surprises. I am being quiet about a camel mount if only because I hope they will surprise us with it when the Thieves Guild DLC arrives, like they did with the first goat pet for the Orsinium DLC! I love surprises like that!

Speaking of the goats… I really hope that detail about whispers means that this goat's idle animation sounds will include whispers, that would be absolutely wicked! I understand that they are more often than not recolour or the like of previous mounts and pets (which, BTW, I really wished they had recoloured the butterfly for the bear cubs-… I know, I'm extremely petty! :wink: ), but it would be cool if they used that detail of whispers and added it in, so to make the pets a little more different.
  • Christianm55
    Christianm55
    Soul Shriven
    I personally think ZOS would benefit more from making pets, costumes and mounts earnable in game. It is one of WoW's biggest selling points. Hundreds of mounts and pets to collect all over the world. It keeps old content relevant. It adds content and replayability to the game. Rare mount drops from bosses? Well that will encourage people to keep doing that content.

When you get a rare pet/mount in other mmos, you feel great getting to show it off and telling guildmates and friends but simply buying something from an in-game store is much less satisfying/rewarding.

I know WoW has microstransactions as well with specific mounts and pets but nothing on this scale and they recently made a mount earnable in the most recent raid instead of their original plan to put it into store for 25 bucks. Many, many more guildies turned up for that weeks raid to get their mount. It brings people back and even encourages people to do content they otherwise wouldn't try and who knows, they might just enjoy it!

Maybe have that bear-dog earnable by daily quests of raising a puppy you find on the side of a road as you're travelling through skyrim. People love that kind of stuff and it is well within ZOS's abilities to do these things.

I'm not saying this because I want free stuff, I just want this game to be better and more enjoyable.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    That Nord Hero costume looks awesome.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok