The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Console synergy rebind

WitchKing_of_Nirn
I think the lack of controller customization for active abilities sometimes makes a negitive impact on gameplay. One of the problems is procing a synergy at the right time, for which I assume PC players have a deticated buton. On console pushing 2 buttons simultaniusly sometimes creates problems with the system recognizing one button being pushed before the other. Often a synergy proc gets missed because your charecter is fumbling around using their active abilities. While it is possible to put targeted abilities on the synergy buttons, it still winds up being clumsy when you have a target.

What I propose to fix is that a synergy would can be procced off the combination of L3 and R3, because as in the case with dropping an ultimate (L1+R1), or doing a bash or breakout(L2+R2), each hand has the combined focus to push the buttons simultaniusly, instead of clumsily mashing circle and triangle (ps4). In addition, you wouldn't even need to move your thumbs off the joysticks.
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good suggestion for xbone however there is currently an unused button on the DS4 controller which I think would be easier. Behind the touchpad there are 2 pressure plates (left and right). Each pressure plate counts as a "button" and requires no software interpretation like swiping motions do. Currently zenimax has both pressure plates bound to the "map" command. If they switched one of them to the "synergy" command and the other to the map command then it would make the controls much easier.

An example of how this works can be seen on the console version of Diablo 3. Blizzard made pressing the left side of the touchpad go to skills and the right side go to inventory.

I dread one day having good enough gear to attempt v16 imperial city prison and being unable to throw the bombs with the synergy buttons... that whole fight depends on those bombs
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue on PS4...
    As example I often find myself streaking down a keep wall, when trying to activate a synergy and defend the keep - Usually end up in a crowd of angry players.

The problem is the needed stupid 2-button combo, which takes 2 of the ability buttons.

On ps4 we may not have an unused button as on xbox (as described above) but I would love to use the Camera Button (Changing 1st to 3rd Person) instead for activating synergies. Just changing it to a new 2-button combo wont help anyone.

Camera can still be changed in the options tab, its not gamebreaking in the middle of a fight to go from 1st to 3rd person(unlike Synergy activation)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue on PS4...
    As example I often find myself streaking down a keep wall, when trying to activate a synergy and defend the keep - Usually end up in a crowd of angry players.

The problem is the needed stupid 2-button combo, which takes 2 of the ability buttons.

On ps4 we may not have an unused button as on xbox (as described above) but I would love to use the Camera Button (Changing 1st to 3rd Person) instead for activating synergies. Just changing it to a new 2-button combo wont help anyone.

Camera can still be changed in the options tab, its not gamebreaking in the middle of a fight to go from 1st to 3rd person(unlike Synergy activation)

I'd love break free to do that, or have bash as that, it's so pointless la,skill,bash weaving when to bash you need to block which stops your stamina regen.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • WitchKing_of_Nirn
    What I'd really love is just free access to entire controller rebinds. The PS and Xbox rebinds really don't do it justice because it messes with menu control, and the button reflected in any prompt is unchanged.
    Same issue on PS4...

He meant "PS4, not DS4". He's referencing the ps4 trackpad. And I think having 2 button combos is ok if their on opposing hands. It takes practice but it's good once you get used to it, and it would be a *better option for synergies.
    I don't think camera controll is the thing to sacrifice a button for, but I agree that a single button would be best.
    I'd love break free to do that, or have bash as that, it's so pointless la,skill,bash weaving when to bash you need to block which stops your stamina regen.

They should all be interchangeable.
  • symonator
    symonator
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite annoying especially in imperial prison when you need to synergy for the bomb things on that boss.
    Because the input is sometimes not recognised, or other times you just can't get it because its almost like it lags, it makes it quite hard to get that boss done on some runs.

v16 - Imperial - DK Tank
    v16 - Redguard -NB Dps
    v16 - Breton Templar - Heals
    Guildmaster of the witchers (PS4 eu) - 500 members trading guild in craglorn.
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Something needs to change, the problem is you have to take your thumb off of the 'look stick' (i couldn't think of a better word ). It's the same with bar swapping, you have to take your thumb off of the movement stick to bar swap. That got on my nerves really fast so I changed it to clicking the right stick. As far as I know this can only be done on PS4, only problem is it changes those buttons for every game unless you change it back.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've asked for this over and over again.

The Ps4 has plenty of swipe option's available on the touch-pad. I would defiantly switch Emote's and Potion selection for a snergy button or possible even a switch for ultimate's on the D-pad.

Customization for button's is just something we truly need.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on January 5, 2016 3:04PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    He meant "PS4, not DS4".
    Nah I meant DS4 (dualshock 4 controller :) )
    The Ps4 has plenty of swipe option's available on the touch-pad.
    Swipe commands require zenimax to write code for software interpretation. In other words it would require effort from the dev team. The 2 pressure plates behind the touchpad are hardware buttons and would require no new programming.