Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What PC would handle this game exceptionally?

Jorotarr
Jorotarr
✭✭
New to ESO, and decided to pick it up on the PS4. EverQuest, vanilla World of Warcraft, and Vanguard are the three MMOs that have reeled me in in the past decade. Now, ESO is one of those, and I am quite surprised. Due to the social nature of MMOs and the severe lack of ability to socialize with no text chat for PS4, I've decided to invest in a desktop gaming PC and keyboard to hook up to my TV. I am not really interested in building a PC, but I have picked out a couple from the Best Buy website that I think would run this game very well, but would like some feedback on it. I have a laptop or personal and educational needs, so this will really just be for ESO, and maybe some older Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age games later on.

Link 1

Link 2

I would prefer the first one, which is more in my price range. And I know both of these meet the recommended ESO specs, but wanted to get some advice from current/long time players as to whether or not I will get exceptional performance with either of these builds. My PS4 renders the game beautifully.

Additionally, I know you can transfer from PC to PS4... is it possible to also transfer from PS4 to PC?

Thanks!! :)
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on a computer much older with a similar video card. The PCs themselves both are more than fine; the video cards are a little gimpy for games. Should run roughly 25fps on "medium" setting, maybe higher.

As long as the motherboards support PCI Express 3.0 (the second one at least does, since the video card is 3.0), you could always upgrade video later.
    Edited by NBrookus on December 27, 2015 3:43AM
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    I'm looking to run 30+ fps on high settings. So I could grab either one of these and just replace the video card? Any video card recommendations?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered this one after much hand-wringing (and a new MB since my old one doesn't support it). Ask me in a week how it is. :)

Hopefully some other folks will chime in that either use those video cards in your link or have ones they have tested out already that are likely to be found in off-the-shelf systems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150761
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    Okay maybe I'll go with that second PC I linked and put in that video card. Looks pretty sweet! Hopefully it will look as good as it does on my PS4!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, the new video card I got (R9 380x) -- runs ESO on High at 100fps and looks great. Ultra High was at about 50-60fps and even better looking, but my load screens were much longer, so I went back to High.

• Dantonian_Rarstiana
    My girlfriend plays on my gaming laptop. It has a GTX 675M graphics card on it. She is also able to play with a SweetFX profile, and the ESO Launcher.exe to remove fog and give the maximum possible view distance.
    It still runs at an easy 60fps.

Basically what I am saying, is you can play this game with pretty much anything.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    none in existence....the mega server cant even handle it.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joromarr wrote: »
    I'm looking to run 30+ fps on high settings. So I could grab either one of these and just replace the video card? Any video card recommendations?

If your accustomed to replacing video cards, why not just hand build your own PC?

Here's a similar setup that's not much more than those systems you listed + a new video card. You'll get a much better system for the cost this way.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/twHmbv
    Edited by Robbmrp on January 4, 2016 8:31PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Joromarr wrote: »

If your accustomed to replacing video cards, why not just hand build your own PC?

Here's a similar setup that's not much more than those systems you listed + a new video card. You'll get a much better system for the cost this way.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/twHmbv

Looks like a nice setup! I've never built a computer, and I am not incredibly tech savvy. My experience is only that I have replaced video cards and RAM before.