The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB need help with DW leveling build

Ohliuf
Ohliuf
Soul Shriven
Hi. I am a new player already at v2 now and was leveling as a Bow/2h(following the Specter build) but I am starting to get a little bit bored ever since I went into cadwell silver so I'd like to switch things up a little. So I am wondering is there any viable NB stamina DW/2h or DW/bow leveling build you can point me to and how is the survivability in those builds when solo leveling?

My biggest concern for when I switch to DW is that I would be struggling at surviving with those open world bosses and "boss" type minions in delves/quests. As a bow user its easy to kite but when you do get hit you take tons of dmg so if its the same with DW then that's a concern.

Any useful tips are greatly appriciated :wink:
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not the best at Nightblade builds, but here's some tips that might be helpful!

If you want to replace the 2h, which is definitely possible, you'll probably want Vigor from the alliance assault skill tree. It's a really strong HoT and even works while you're cloaked.
    Killer's Blade is a nice alternative to Executioner, and with soul harvest on your target, and enough CP between thaumaturge and mighty, it hits like a truck. Also heals you when a target dies.
    Try flying dagger (hidden blade morph) from the DW tree before beginning combat to get your major brutality buff now you're not running Rally. It doesn't last as long as Rally, but it does decent damage, snares, and increases your weapon damage all at the same time.
    Definitely go get Vigor if you haven't already. You'll have to spend some time in PVP, but it will be worth it!
  • Ohliuf
    Ohliuf
    Soul Shriven
    What if I go DW/2h and stick to Rally(skill seems amazing) ? All I miss from bow is the poison injection and the ability to do dmg while away from the target. As good as a dps buff poison injection is I don't think it really matters for leveling when things die in 2-3secs.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohliuf wrote: »
    What if I go DW/2h and stick to Rally(skill seems amazing) ? All I miss from bow is the poison injection and the ability to do dmg while away from the target. As good as a dps buff poison injection is I don't think it really matters for leveling when things die in 2-3secs.

You can still use flying dagger as a ranged attack with DW if you want to go DW/2h.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, NBs are made to be dual wielders. Level it, amd you'll love it as much as bow.

Check out sypher pk's NB builds. He has a dual/bow and a dual/2h build. They're both fun.

Hidden dagger will replace your range...and you're going to love it as much as poison inject.